Ancestry problem

Discussion of Genealogy search sites, software, etc.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Ancestry problem

Postby nessa » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 pm

I am having trouble adding information in the residence box I write what I want to add click on save but when I go back to the persons page nothing has been added. Any ideas?

nessa
nessa

Re: Ancestry problem

Postby snoopysue » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm

nessa wrote:I am having trouble adding information in the residence box I write what I want to add click on save but when I go back to the persons page nothing has been added. Any ideas?

nessa

I've had a similar problem, it was to do with a compatability problem with explorer, here's what ancestry said:

I see that you are using Internet Explorer. Updates have been made to Internet Explorer recently. Some of the settings may not be compatible with Ancestry which is why some of the page links are not working correctly. You may need to add Ancestry to the compatibility view list on Internet Explorer.

To add a site to the Compatibility View list
Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
Tap or click the Tools button , and then tap or click Compatibility View settings.
Under Add this website, enter the URL of the site you want to add to the list, and then tap or click Add.

Here's a link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte ... w#ie=ie-11 (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte ... w#ie=ie-11)

Hope that helps!
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Postby nessa » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Thank you that seems to have worked.

Nessa
nessa

Postby snoopysue » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm

nessa wrote:Thank you that seems to have worked.

Nessa

:thumbup: :grin:
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Return to Software