The Commonwealth Games and the Euros

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

The Commonwealth Games and the Euros

Postby Frodo » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:25 pm

Just had an amazing weekend at the Commonwealth Games with the family. We came down from Manchester went to the NEC yesterday and Edgebaston today. Decided we fancied watching the Euros on a big screen and ended up in Sandwell Country Park, a beautiful place.
To call it all Millie Bright went to school in the village I lived in for forty five years.
Also got to show the family some place names connected to our family history
Frodo

Re: The Commonwealth Games and the Euros

Postby grangers14 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:05 pm

Wonderful for you Frodo! :)
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:25 pm

Yes it was a great weekend. The family returned for the Closing Ceremony but purchase was restricted to 4 tickets and they counted the twenty month old. I tried to buy a single ticket when they released some last minute ticket availability but the website insisted I already had four tickets even though they had been bought by my daughter's family so I couldn't make the purchase. It's a shame, I would have loved to see Ozzie Osbourne.
Frodo

Postby grangers14 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Oh that is awful! :shock:
24 month old! :roll: goodness me!
Could the family or another friend not get one for you? How many families are just 4? :?:
Still you have memories what you had and that is all that matters! :grin:
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:02 am

If I remember rightly all children over 18 months old had to have their own seat. In our case it stayed emotyat all the events we went to, he just sat on laps. It restricted the events we could apply for as a lot were a maximum of 4 per purchase and as it was a lottery system I couldn't apply separately as I could have ended up watching something completely different. They weren't very flexible, you even had to book a time to arrive at the car park which was awkward when you didn't know what the traffic would be like. It was just too regimented.
Frodo

Postby grangers14 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:18 pm

Crazy! :roll: :?
grangers14

Return to The Snug