Abraham Hart birth record

Main forum for discussion of Genealogy topics across the Counties and elsewhere.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Abraham Hart birth record

Postby Katykat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:46 pm

In 1851 census, Abraham Hart was living in Llanbeblig. He gives his birth year as 1819 in Westminster. Is anyone able to find his birth record/ parents names?
Katykat

Re: Abraham Hart birth record

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Best to send for marriage cert from GRO site
Abraham Hart Elizabeth Hughes
District Carnarvon
District number -
County Caernarvonshire
Country Wales
Volume 27
Page number 344

Regards RF
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Katykat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:18 am

Thanks Rocky
Katykat

Postby Jimmy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 am

The marriage is on freeReg but no fathers on it.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby Katykat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks Jimmy. There’s a lot to sort out there. I know Abraham and Elizabeth had a son Abraham in 1847. He died in 1851 and in 1852 they christened there next son Abraham so that will account for some of the multiple entries for Abraham Hart. Their daughter Eliza later had a son who she called Abraham too so it was obviously a strong family name so that may account for a couple of other entries if other family members also used the name. It’s making me think that maybe Abraham ( who married Elizabeth) was named after his father. He was born in Westminster in 1819 so I need to search around there.
Katykat

Postby Katykat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks Jimmy. There’s a lot to sort out there. I know Abraham and Elizabeth had a son Abraham in 1847. He died in 1851 and in 1852 they christened there next son Abraham so that will account for some of the multiple entries for Abraham Hart. Their daughter Eliza later had a son who she called Abraham too so it was obviously a strong family name so that may account for a couple of other entries if other family members also used the name. It’s making me think that maybe Abraham ( who married Elizabeth) was named after his father. He was born in Westminster in 1819 so I need to search around there.
Ps- I’ve linked all the other Abraham’s now. Abraham and Elizabeth had 2 sons called Abraham. One died aged 4, the other aged 33. Of their other sons, Henry had 2 sons called Abraham, both died in infancy.. John also had a Abraham who also died in infancy. So sad. I think I would have given up on that name, bad omen. But I’ve now accounted for all the Abraham Harts. Thank you for your help
Katykat

Return to General Discussion