Cradley Heath school's story through the 20th century

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Cradley Heath school's story through the 20th century

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:11 pm

If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Cradley Heath school's story through the 20th century

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Annie Shuck was the 1st headmistress and connects to Linell on BCC - http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/fa ... uck-Family
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby linell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Oh thanks for that link San, most interesting. I do have a couple of hand written letters from Head Mistress Edith H Gill to my Nan who taught there circa 1922, one was a personal letter from Miss Gill when my Nan had to leave Wrights Lane to look after both her Mother and Grandmother. The other letter is a testimonial from Miss Gill who thought a lot of my Nan. I believe Teacher Edith Lawley mentioned is this one:- http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/fa ... ley-Family

Also found another testimonial again for my Nan from Old Hill Infants School 1922 the Head Mistress there was Sophie Parsons, don't know if she connects to anyone on BCC?

Much appreciate the info thankyou from Linell.
linell

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks for that San have added a hyperlink

moving to Social History section.
My Mum went to that school too :grin:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Hopefully someone will contact Kevin Woodhouse with their memories of Wrights Lane/Temple Meadow School in Cradley?Heath

His e-mail address is at the bottom of the article :grin:

mallosa

Return to Black Country Schools