Announcement

General news and topics relating to the photo gallery.

Moderators: admin, mallosa

Announcement

Postby mallosa » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 pm

This is the place for discussing any of the photos within our Gallery, so if you would like to add more info or think you may link to a specific person in a photo, let us know.

To date, we have 121 'Family Albums' housing a total of 710 photographs, these albums will hold photos from around the globe of individual family surnames that are in our family trees.
Perhaps we will even see a family likeness within some of them? Have a look in your own albums, perhaps you have some family favourites you would like to add?
If you don't see an album for your ancestors surname, let me know and I'll get one set up. I'm hoping that as the Family Albums begin to grow, we will find more connections.

For those wishing to add photos to our Gallery:

You can either upload them yourselves by going into 'Member Uploads'
or
Send me a pm for my e-mail address and I will upload them for you (please add any relevant details)

A big thankyou to Peter'd and Steve Cullen for a number of photographs supplied, all taken from several local churchyards centred on Halesowen and the surrounding area.

Also to everyone else who has sent in their photos - Thanks to you all!

LOST AND FOUND RELATIVES

We have a section in our Main Photo Gallery entitled 'Lost' & 'Found' Relatives
Do you have any old photos of people that you don't recognise and no idea who they are?
Send them in explaining how they came into your possession and, who knows, someone might recognise them and you may finally be able to put a name to that face!

MEMORABELIA PHOTOS

Do you have something that you have inherited or kept because it means something special to you. Perhaps you could take a photograph and send it in?[/b]

WEDDING PHOTOS

How about sending in your family wedding photos? Lets see how fashions changed through the years :grin:
mallosa

Re: Announcement

Postby mallosa » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:42 pm

We now have a 'Military' section within our Blackcountry Gallery - See Here: gallery/album.php?album_id=137

It would be great to build this up :grin:

In fact no matter where your ancestors were from, if any were in the Military, how about sending in some of your photos?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm

With the Royal Wedding taking place today, how about digging out some of your family Wedding Photos? :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 pm

To all members (old and new)

Still trying to build up our Family Albums, these are what we have to date -

Family Albums

Would you like to add yours, just send me a pm :wink:

Cheers

Mally

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 am

If you wish to highlight a certain photo in the gallery, click on the actual 'Image Title' of that photo

Example: A3 - St John, Halesowen - Attwood

ie: gallery/image_page.php?album_id=168&image_id=4263

As you can see, it shows just the one photo instead of the whole page :wink:

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:10 pm

For those that dont already know, you are able to comment on any photo within the gallery by clicking on 'Comments'

Here is an example:

Image Title:
Poster:
Posted:
Views:
Rating:
Comments:
Edit Delete Status Move

then post your comment and click 'submit'

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am

Black Country Memorial Inscriptions to date -

gallery/album.php?album_id=5

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 pm

After the recent switch to secure SSL hosting, you may have noticed that the links between photos in the gallery and BCC are not/were not working, however I am currently working through them all and bringing up too date, so please bear with me if any relate to yourselves.

Cheers Mally :yawn:

:grin:

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Wed May 17, 2017 6:29 pm

mallosa wrote:After the recent switch to secure SSL hosting, you may have noticed that the links between photos in the gallery and BCC are not/were not working, however I am currently working through them all and bringing up too date, so please bear with me if any relate to yourselves.

That's it, all done! Sorry for any inconvenience

San

mallosa

Postby mallosa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:49 pm

mallosa wrote:
mallosa wrote:After the recent switch to secure SSL hosting, you may have noticed that the links between photos in the gallery and BCC are not/were not working, however I am currently working through them all and bringing up too date, so please bear with me if any relate to yourselves.

That's it, all done! Sorry for any inconvenience

San

Well I'm afraid it appears quite a few of the links are not working for some reason, so again I'm starting to trawl through them. If you should come across any could you please let me know by pm? :wink:

mallosa

Return to Gallery General Discussion