Proof of Name Change

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Proof of Name Change

Postby Kevin Derby » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:18 am

Hello, I am trying to obtain an Irish passport as somebody born in Britain to an Irish father. However, when I acquired my father's birth certificate I found that our family once had a different surname! Does anybody know how I could find proof of the name change to establish that I am indeed the son of the man named on the birth certificate? To be clear, my father is no longer with us, and surviving relatives found the old name as much of a surprise as I did (secrets being kept in a family... whoever heard of such a thing!? :lol: ). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Kevin
Kevin Derby

Re: Proof of Name Change

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 am

moving to misc. section.
Northern Lass

Re: Proof of Name Change

Postby peterd » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Kevin Derby wrote:Hello, I am trying to obtain an Irish passport as somebody born in Britain to an Irish father. However, when I acquired my father's birth certificate I found that our family once had a different surname! Does anybody know how I could find proof of the name change to establish that I am indeed the son of the man named on the birth certificate? To be clear, my father is no longer with us, and surviving relatives found the old name as much of a surprise as I did (secrets being kept in a family... whoever heard of such a thing!? :lol: ). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Kevin

was he ever in the RUC or anything like that as I've here of people having to leave Ireland to come to the UK and change their names as they were on hit list or something similar
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to Miscellaneous