Land register -1910

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Land register -1910

Postby jean » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Can anyone tell me how far digitisation has got with these records? I am interested in 2 properties in Harrow, Middlesex
jean

Re: Land register -1910

Postby rockyfowler » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi who is it who is digitising old land registers? The Land registry have done a lot of these to help buyers and sellers in our time ,as far as I know so you do not need the old paper deeds any more :idea: Kind Regards RF
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby jean » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:19 pm

The Land Register I am referring to is the stocktake that Lloyd George's government made in 1910 of all land holdings in the UK - a latter day Domesday Book! And like that done with a view to imposing land taxes. It was principally a valuation exercise. As I understand digitisation started a few years ago with Central London . I think Ancestry holds these records but I do not currently subscribe to Ancestry ( but I would if the area I am looking for has been digitised). The full name of the document is 'Land use, value and ownership: Valuation Office Survey 1910-1915' and I think the original is at Kewe.
jean

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:48 am

Just checked its not in the database as you say, you could ask ancestry if its in the pipeline ? Kind Regards RF

Only these done so far

District or Ward
Harrow Road Ward
Hyde Park Ward
Maida Vale and Harrow Road
Queens Park
Westbourne Ward
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Return to Miscellaneous