How to query an Ancestry tree

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

How to query an Ancestry tree

Postby Silver surfer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:07 pm

I have just gained access to Ancestry and had a look around. As I have loads of research I thought I'd just try to fill in a few gaps on my gd dads line. I have found a public tree with lots of photos which I know to be correct, but there is quite a bit of info I am unsure is correct. Seems to be loads more kids with different surnames, new hubbie or affairs, maybe? Would like to find out. How do I contact the owner of the tree to ask where she got the info? :roll: :roll:
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Re: How to query an Ancestry tree

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:15 am

Moved this to Misc section.

There should be a contact button on the tree
Just had a look and it doesn't seem to be there any more
Very odd..... :?
Northern Lass

Postby Silver surfer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:38 am

Thanks Jan. Didn't know where to post it. Shes got my gd dads birth and death dates correct but has him with a middle name, incorrect and all these flaming siblings. Some are right but didn't know anything of others and neither did my mum. The ones on the censuses give the family so where were all the others? Prob is the surname is Smith. Think she only put info on ancestry last year and think she may have got the wrong John Smith.
There is a great bonus though as she has photos of my gt aunt and her hubbie and most of their large family of kids. Wonderful :grin:

By the way how did the spuds turn out? Mine were great!!!
Silver surfer

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 am

Silver surfer wrote:Thanks Jan. Didn't know where to post it. Shes got my gd dads birth and death dates correct but has him with a middle name, incorrect and all these flaming siblings. Some are right but didn't know anything of others and neither did my mum. The ones on the censuses give the family so where were all the others? Prob is the surname is Smith. Think she only put info on ancestry last year and think she may have got the wrong John Smith.
There is a great bonus though as she has photos of my gt aunt and her hubbie and most of their large family of kids. Wonderful :grin:

By the way how did the spuds turn out? Mine were great!!!

much better!!...did less butter and oil like u said
and got fat hotter :wink:

why not contact ancestry and ask them how you can contact someone with a tree
I have done it in the past and got in contact ...but as you say no way to do it now.
Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:04 pm

You should be able to message on Ancestry although it looks like they have changed how you do it. I have just tried to pretend message. It looks like you click on the user name of the person you want to contact and it takes you to a box you can write a message in.
Frodo

Postby Silver surfer » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:44 pm

I'm using the library edition and it doesn't seem to allow that. Googled "how to" and it said click on message box on top right of any page, no box :o
Silver surfer

Return to Miscellaneous