Long lost family.

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Long lost family.

Postby Jimmy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:13 am

For those interested Mon 25 Feb, ITV 9pm, Long lost family special "Born without trace" could be interesting.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Re: Long lost family.

Postby rockyfowler » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:53 am

Should be good viewing thanks ,its marvellous what money can do in finding rels :wink:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby BC Wench » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:05 pm

I found this programme interesting, but, it was very convenient for the researchers to find DNA of their relations. :roll:

Brilliant outcome for the people who were abandoned though.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby peterd » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 pm

BC at 12,5 % and 25% DNA think we could find the match
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby BC Wench » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:56 am

:-? what does BC mean? But DNA still has to be found, where do they find it from?

So, if I had abandoned a baby, how would they know I was the Mother, because I've never given a DNA sample and I'm pretty sure that none of my brothers have ever had one done. My parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles wouldn't have done one and I can't imagine they would have known what it meant anyway.

As you can see, I'm not into DNA where family history is concerned. :-)
BC Wench

Postby gardener » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:10 pm

BC Wench wrote::-? what does BC mean?

BC = BC (Wench) I should think :-)
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby BC Wench » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very clever.
BC Wench

Postby peterd » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:06 pm

BC Wench wrote::-? what does BC mean? But DNA still has to be found, where do they find it from?

So, if I had abandoned a baby, how would they know I was the Mother, because I've never given a DNA sample and I'm pretty sure that none of my brothers have ever had one done. My parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles wouldn't have done one and I can't imagine they would have known what it meant anyway.

there that many match online between the likes of ancestry and gedmatch genesis even a novice couldn't miss them %
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby peterd » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:08 pm

BC Wench wrote::-? what does BC mean? But DNA still has to be found, where do they find it from?

all it takes is a 2nd or 3rd cousin to start narrowing the amount of people it could be at 25% its a full cousin or half sibling at 12.5 a second cousin if you were abandon doesn't say either of your parent didn't go on to have more children

if i wasn't working i would run a DNA page from here as it one massive advance in genealogy they can now detect if the match is you maternal or paternal side

peterd

Return to Miscellaneous