Genealogy Tricks

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Genealogy Tricks

Postby mumbles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:41 pm

An American Connection sent me this

A couple little tricks that I’ve found (and many of you may already know them) is to magnify a page where the print is very small. This can easily be done by holding down the Ctrl. button and the plus (+) button on the keyboard. You can do it several times if you need to. Another helpful hint is to hold down the Ctrl. and F but-tons together when you come to a long page and you don’t want to have to read every word to find the ancestor you’re looking for. This will bring up a little box where you can type in the name you are searching for; which will be high-lighted for you. Then just hit your enter key as many times as you need to find all the entries. I use Google Chrome and both of these suggestions work very well for me.
mumbles

Re: Genealogy Tricks

Postby sparkstopper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm lost already....must be my age. :lol:
Semper Paratus:
sparkstopper

Re: Genealogy Tricks

Postby grangers14 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Good tips! I use other ways... If a document is hard to read I use Irfanview and copy and paste to that to enhance the image, its a free thing. Only certain documents will allow "find" but I just press the 3 little dots, I forget what it is called, near address bar, and click the find button. It doesn't have to be all the word. The same really just hitting next button.
Jo :)
grangers14

Return to Miscellaneous