FTM demise

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

FTM demise

Postby Silver surfer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 pm

I understand FTM is no longer supported by Ancestry from 17Jan. Where is everyone else going to keep their tree? I wasn't subscribed to ancestry so will I still be able to view mine? My computer(desk top) is due to be retired so am wandering what to replace it with. Help. Don't think anyone in my family will be interested in the fam research after I'm gone as I've got no gd children but would hate to see nearly 20yrs research lost. What can I do with it. Have got a bit on BCC but much too much to type out, and all those pics and certs! Could send as a ged com to someone in the future but would it all be copied over. So back to square 1 about the new storage place. Downloaded a free Legacy but not everything went into it from the gedcom.

Any ideas?
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Re: FTM demise

Postby rockyfowler » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:49 pm

FTM sold to this firm you need to register it https://support.mackiev.com/ :wink:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby SRD » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:59 am

Some local history groups are happy to take digital information on things like memory sticks.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 am

moving to misc in gen disc. :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:00 am

As SRD says your local history group or Archives should be interested, but put your file in GEDCOM format so that it can be used by various family tree software programmes. Have you thought about putting your info on Tribalpages? You say you don't think your family will be interested in the future, but I bet you there will be somebody who will take an interest :wink:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Miscellaneous