Learning the Hard Way

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Learning the Hard Way

Postby SteveT » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:18 pm

If there's one thing I've learned about geaneology, it's that it is really confusing at times. This is particularly evident the further back you go. I first joined this board a couple of years ago, I'm not a very active poster (just check my post per day ratio) but I do pop on every so often when time allows. This unfortunately is not as often as I'd like due to having four kids and only threee laptops, same as with researching the family; it tends to be periodical. Whilst I've been getting frustrated over the weekend looking for forbears I find that my GGGrandfather was not as I thought married twice, but thrice! I happened to move to a slightly different part of my tree and recalled a post I read some time back which was posted by user apowell, he suggested a third wife for my GGGrandfather so I did a little searching and he was indeed correct.

I suppose I've learned that when you have all these names (often the same or similar) going round in your head and making you dizzy, it often pays to leave it alone for a while.

Steve
SteveT

Re: Learning the Hard Way

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:45 am

Keep on plugging away Steve those brickwalls will fall away one day :wink:

moving this to misc.
Northern Lass

Re: Learning the Hard Way

Postby grangers14 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Yes a little rest or another pair of eyes often help :)
Jo :)
grangers14

Return to Miscellaneous