1939 Register to be published on line by FMP

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: 1939 Register to be published on line by FMP

Postby linell » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:50 am

Was the quickest £25.00 I ever spent! Didn't find who I was looking for! Oh well nothing ventured as they say :)
linell

Postby SRD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:05 am

peterd wrote:also you could say giving tax breaks to charities that rescue people that do mountain climbing, hill walking in winter, caving, sailing is that indirectly funding people hobbies ?
There are so many instances of people's hobbies being supported, look at the amounts of State money poured in to Sports and the Arts, and it might be suggested that any money spent on roads, public transport etc. contribute greatly to people's hobbies, how many hobbies can you partake in without leaving home or having things or people delivered to you (But then isn't the government talking about privatising roads :roll: )?
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby mumbles » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Complained to findmypast about standard of transcriptions
and received this reply
Thank you for your email

When you view the record, you will see an option ' Update The Record'

If you click on that, the option to report a transcription error is in there.
mumbles

Postby mallosa » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:50 pm

I did update the record
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby gardener » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:00 pm

I don't plan on paying for it because it won't add anything to what I know, but I did notice that my grandfather's hyphenated surname is indexed under the second part of his surname, with the first half represented by an initial. Hyphenated names never come out well in searches.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby BC Wench » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:51 pm

I found my father-in-law on the register which was a bonus, as he was transcribed as being born in 1875, when in fact he was born in 1925 and celebrated his 90th Birthday last week. :-)
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby BC Wench » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:45 pm

You may already know this. If you've bought credits to view a household, it's worth going back to FMP to have another look at the household as some of the closed records are now open. I've only just found out.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby rockyfowler » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:45 pm

Soon be part of subscription :grin: We’re pleased to let you know that as a valued member of Findmypast from the 16th February 2016, we’re giving you unlimited access to our premium record set, the 1939 Register. This is only available at Findmypast, so you’ll soon be able to discover even more names, addresses and occupations of people in England and Wales on the eve of the Second World War.
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby SRD » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:57 am

Far be it from me to be cynical but I presume the early rush of people paying FMP's exorbitant fees for access to the 1939 records has dwindled to virtually nil and that they will now use those records as an additional draw for their ordinary service.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous