All these people

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

All these people

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:08 pm

I have just looked up a bapt in 1835 for a Lydia Woodhouse
then Jimmy found a death in 1835 14 weeks fits Causey Green

and I thought how very sad
it was lovely to see her bapt then so so sad to find a death.

It made me think how with all these folk we are adding to Bcc that we are only
skimming the surface of all those nameless souls long gone that I do hope are somehow remembered.

That for me is what the BCC is about.
Yes seeing the fun of how we all connect
but also somehow remembering these people that have gone.

So sad and with 11th of November soon it makes me think how much we owe them.
Northern Lass

Re: All these people

Postby grangers14 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Very true NL.

It is sad but life was and is like that. At least we are making a little mark in memory of the name that may well be forgotten.

Some I transcribed for freereg made me sad, unknowns found dead. Some saying drowned I cant remember them all now.

Jo :)
grangers14

Postby Annie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Northern Lass how very true , in the cemetery I visit for my course I was looking at kind of Headstone / Rememberance all carved out so lovvely and is dedicated to all the unnamed children buried with other people , it brought a tears to my eye's. :cry:

Annie
Annie

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Nice one Jan. kusjes
I think like that Jo
"a little mark in memory of the name that may well be forgotten."
Rob

Postby SRD » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:09 am

And don't forget that the efforts you've made may well enable others who follow to go deeper into the individual's history as well as the more general. I'm discovering all sorts of fascinating things about the ways people lived, from the slums of East London, to country cottages, to homes that are more like industrial workshops, to big houses containing numbers of servants. I'm afraid I'm easily distracted and find myself studying the history of the house, checking out if it's still there, what it's worth, when was it sold etc. etc. And all because someone here gave me an address on a census entry.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby MarkCDodd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:20 pm

I remember being shocked when I looked at the 1911 census for my Great Great Grandparents, William Hadley and Ellen Siviter.

Total Children Born Alive: 20
Children Still Living: 3
Children who have died: 17

Imagine giving birth to 20 children only to have 17 die. I assume there may have been one or two still births as well!!!

I have tried really hard to find who the 17 are who died but it was all between census and there are so many Hadleys in Halesowen/Oldbury.

I think their story needs to be told along with all the other children who died due to poverty.
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 pm

MarkCDodd wrote:I remember being shocked when I looked at the 1911 census for my Great Great Grandparents, William Hadley and Ellen Siviter.

Total Children Born Alive: 20
Children Still Living: 3
Children who have died: 17

Imagine giving birth to 20 children only to have 17 die. I assume there may have been one or two still births as well!!!

I have tried really hard to find who the 17 are who died but it was all between census and there are so many Hadleys in Halesowen/Oldbury.

I think their story needs to be told along with all the other children who died due to poverty.

put a post on in the BC section lets see if we can find who the 17 are and add them to Bcc
Northern Lass

Return to Miscellaneous