British Armed Forces And Overseas Births And Baptisms

Information on various topics.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: British Armed Forces And Overseas Births And Baptisms

Postby Tempest » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:50 am

Tempest wrote:Any idea why I can’t find the civil marriage of Isaac Cheetham and Mary Tierney?.

Think I realise the answer to my own question, pre 1837!!
Tempest

Re: British Armed Forces And Overseas Births And Baptisms

Postby Tempest » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:31 pm

Just like to revisit my thread here to say thanks to gardener and BC Welsh and to say since I first posted it I've moved on quite a bit with a steer from a chap also researching the Cheetham name. I'd, if you remember, thought the two Isaac's may be related, but couldn't make the dates work. I now know they are, older Isaac, the Officer with the 40th Foot Regiment is my Isaac's uncle. "Uncle" Isaac's (born 1781, died 1854) brother Edward (born 1779, died 1825) is my Isaac's (born 1811, died 1895) father. The Elizabeth we discussed in the thread was one of "uncle" Isaac's children born 1816 at Dover. Other two children were Mary Ann (b1803) and Edward (b1805). Last count our Isaac had 12 children, 11 with Mary Tierney, and one with Mary Hardy (3rd) several died in infancy or very young, two names were re-used for later births!

About the only thing still unresolved about my Isaac is still when his first two wives, both Mary, died. Mary Tierney (1st wife) must have died between 1861 and 1871. Mary (2nd, born in Rochester, Kent) must have died between 1871 and 1875. Also not found Mary No.2 marriage to Isaac. Any help on these three dates still most welcome.

cheers
Tempest

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous