ARC - Joseph Toye born 1794

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC - Joseph Toye born 1794

Postby palmal » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Could anyone assist me with information on Joseph Toye baptised 1794 son of Thomas Toye and Ann.Joseph was baptised at St Marys Handsworth,his children were baptised in St George Hockley.I have checked these two records but cannot find a Marriage for him to a Ann ? On the 1841 census he was living in the Parish of St George Hockey Birmingham Since his first child was born in 1816 his marriage would have been before then.Any suggestions where to check would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Palmal[ Belfast]
palmal

Re: Joseph Toye born 1794

Postby mallosa » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Poss?
JOSEPH TAYE
Spouse: ANN ROGERS
Marriage: 14 FEB 1814 Saint Martin, Birmingham, Warwick
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby palmal » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Mallosa,
Thank you for your swift replyI have come across this problem before withTOY,TOYE,TAY,TAYE and even TYE,I suppose when you are dealing with people who possibly could not read or write the spelling is in the hands of the Scribe and how he thinks the name is spelt with the different dialects etc.I do know several families have gone from TOY to TOYE , and sometimes an a and o can be confused.I know of a village here in Co Down was once called TOY it is now called TOYE the explanation was they did not want tourist to think the village post office was a toy one ,although the surrounding land is called Toy and Kirkland.Thanks again

Palmal
palmal

Postby BC Wench » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts