*Arc tbc* ---Reuben Callender

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

*Arc tbc* ---Reuben Callender

Postby shazzy67 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:36 am

Hi, i have been struggling with this one for over 4 years now. My GGGG grandfather was called Reuben Callender. I know from his marriage certficate that his father was James Callender, a blacksmith. I also know his exact date of birth as he was a pupil at the Greycoat School in Westminster and Westminster Archives kindly supplied me with information from the schools entrance logs. Reuben was born on Feb 27th 1832, every census return specifies his place of birth as Westminster some actually say Westminster St Johns. I also know that his address on July 4th 1840 when he entered school was Lower garden Street off the Vauxhall Road in Westminster . Despite this info i have never found a baptism record for him and so am still not certain as to who his mother was. I know he had an older brother Henry who also attended the school, and Henry was living on Lower Garden street in Westminster with a Sarah Cooper in 1841, tantalisingly i have found a marriage for a James Callender to an Ann Cooper in nearby Southwark in 1814; however, i don't want to just assume anything. If anyone has any Westminster parish records and could find Reuben Callender i would be really grateful, i cannot move on with this until i'm sure of his mothers name, Thanks in advance for any help.
shazzy67

Re: Reuben Callender

Postby peterd » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:13 pm

any later children post 1837 ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby shazzy67 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Not that i know of. I know from the Greycoat school record that Reubens brother Henry was born Jan 12th 1822, also in the St Johns district of Westminster. There are three other brothers, James John born in 1825, Samuel born in 1826 and Charles William born in 1830. Although i don't have the family together on any census (they were all living seperately by 1841) I am 99.9% certain that James John and Charles William were brothers of Reuben and Henry as all of them ended up living close to each other in West Bromwich and subsequent children are all named for siblings etc, Samuel i'm not so sure of. I can't find any reference to baptisms for any of them, have even tried Westminster Archives again for a search of St John's PR's (off Smith Square, St John the Evangelist) but nothing as yet. Thanks for taking alook at least, any help gratefully accepted :-)
shazzy67

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 am

Is this still a Brickwall?
or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Northern Lass

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts