ARC TBC Florence Emma Hamilton Vanderkroff

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Florence Emma Hamilton Vanderkroff

Postby paulbudge » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Hello,

After searching for 10 years I finally found a death for Florence Emma Budge (maiden name). She used this all through her life. She was a midwife and nurse. born 1868, died 1937.

However, I thought that she had never been married. In the 1911 census she describes herself as " Old Maid". She had been Florence Emma Budge is all censuses 1871 to 1911 (can't find her 1901) and also in the midwives Roll 1905, 1910, 1915 and 1920.

I Eventually tracked down a marriage (and subsequently her death) to a Peter Garvin Machir in 1924 in Dundee but to my surprise she signs herself as Florence Emma Hamilton Vanderkroff. So she had been married before. There is a second Scottish marriage regsitration with the same reference number bearing her maiden name and her parents are the same, and correct, on both. She describes herself as a widow.

Summary. Florence married someone called Vanderkroff sometime after 1911. He died sometime before 1924. She married Peter Machir in 1924. She left him in 1925. She died in 1937.

My late granmother told my late father, when he was a young child that "Aunt Florrie had married the Count Vanderberg and that had been at the peasants revolt at the wWinter Palace in Russia in 1917". As she was a bit of a wind up merchant I always thought this was a fabrication on her part but perhaps there is something in it.

My BRICK WALL is that, having searched everywhere that I can, Boer War Records, Belgian and Dutch records, Ancestry, FindmyPast and Familysearch I can find NO meaningful reference to Hamilton, Vanderkloff or Van Der Kloff. If you can help I would be eternally grateful. Thank you very much.
paulbudge

Re: Florence Emma Hamilton Vanderkroff

Postby BC Wench » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts