ARC TBC Looking For Timmons and Wright Connection in England

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Looking For Timmons and Wright Connection in England

Postby KateTimmons1978 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 pm

I recently came across a researcher from the surname Wright who is researching a connection to the Timmons/Timmins surname in England (possibly Ireland) He is very involved in the YDNA projects for both surnames. Through other Wright YDNA testers of the same line they have confirmed a connection to YDNA testers of the surname Timmons.

We found numerous Timmons (various spellings) and Wrights residing in and around Staffordshire in 1500-1800. Our link/or the event most likely took place between 1500-1600 +/- a few years. We realize it's probably a long shot checking here for information but ANY information would be helpful. There are many records and sources out there that are not easily accessed by the internet and my hope is that maybe someone has information they can share. It is also very possible the event happened in or around Monaghan Ireland where some other Timmins and Wrights lived around the 1500's -current. Many Wrights and Timmons migrated to Scotland and England from Ireland.

The earliest known Wright was a George Wright born around 1609 England. There is a source regarding the Winthrop Fleet that references Staffordshire and a George Wright. It is also believed that a William Timmons and Priscilla UNK came from England to America in the late 1600's and probably married before leaving. We have no record of where in England William Timmons came from. If we can link him to Staffordshire or the surrounding area that would also give us a lead and another possible connection to the Wrights and Timmons from there.

I realize that isn't a lot of information to go on. Any information, no matter how small, anyone may have would be REALLY appreciated.

Thank you

Kate
KateTimmons1978

Re: Looking For Timmons and Wright Connection in England

Postby peterd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:50 am

any timmins accociated with research on this site can be found here https://app1.tribalpages.com/tribe/brow ... me=Timmins
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Re: Looking For Timmons and Wright Connection in England

Postby BC Wench » Wed May 08, 2019 9:52 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts