ARC TBC Complete brick wall Napoleonic war?

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Complete brick wall Napoleonic war?

Postby felixflyer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Well my tree is on hold now and has been for some time. I don't think I will be able to go any further.

I have got as far as Charles Freeman who lived in St Austell. The records show he was born in france after the napoleonic war ended. Although in Ancestry it is written as Ancetain Wherd I am sure the census really said 'Uncertain Where'. The records just say british subject.

I am at a complete loss as to how to proceed. I searched the French records on Ancestry but there was nothing. I know he and his father were mariners but not sure whether this was the royal navy or merchant.

He married a woman called Mary Ann Peters from St Austell and they went on to live in St Austell but I don't know if that is where his parents came from originally. All I know is his fater is named as Charles Freeman also on his marriage certificate but is deceased at that point.

Any Ideas?
felixflyer

Re: Complete brick wall Napoleonic war?

Postby BC Wench » Wed May 08, 2019 9:36 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts