*Arc tbc* ---John Joseph Coffey

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

*Arc tbc* ---John Joseph Coffey

Postby emrysgwen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi all I am new to this site and am hoping someone my be willing to help me with my brick wall!

I am tying to find information on my grandfther John Joseph Coffey born 12 October 1916 supposedly in Donegal, County Donegal (Death cert just says Eire). He died in 1970 at Cottage Hospital in Wellington, Shropshire, England. I have a copy of his death certificate and it states death due to puliminary tuberculosis. When he married my grandmother Eleanor Joyce Lewis in 1965 in Newtown, Powys, Wales he was a widower. He also had three children who ae aproximately 20 years older than my mother and uncle, the children, from what my mum can remember were Jennifer, and then male twins, one of which is believed to be called Paul.

It is unknown when he came over to England and the info I am really lookig for is where I can find or order his birth certificate as 3 different companies have not been able to find it, and also when he came over to England.

Many thanks in advance for any help and information you may find. I will be online for a few hours, so please feel free to contact me.

Thanks again,
Laura
emrysgwen

Re: John Joseph Coffey

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:20 am

Hi Laura
welcome to the forum
:grin:

have you seen this one

Births Dec 1916
Coffey John J Garry W. Derby 8b 643

that mothers name of Garry is that an Irish name?

Dec regis so would fit in with the date of birth

have you the fathers name on the marriage of this John Joseph Coffey
Northern Lass

Re: John Joseph Coffey

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:48 am

Is this still a Brick Wall?
Or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to BRICKWALLS ARCHIVED SECTION :wink:
Northern Lass

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts