ARC TBC James Hingley & Mary Billingham

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

Re: James Hingley & Mary Billingham

Postby Waltzer7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 am

I have James Hingley (1766 - 3 March 1846), who was the son of James Hingley (1741 - 1826) and Ann Fownes (1740 - 1821), married to Mary Billingham (1772 - 21 October 1851) at Rowley Regis on 26 December 1791.

Children: -

James Hingley (Baptised on 8 April 1792 at Rowley Regis - 16 June 1873) married Mary Williams (1794 - 1860) at Clent, Worcestershire on 30 March 1812.
Samuel (1793 - 1869)
Tobias (1796 - 1873)
Mary (1798 - 1871)
Leah (1800 - 1800)
Martha (1803 - 1851)
Hannah (1805 - 1851)
Timothy (1807 - 1827)
Henry (1809 - 1881)
Barzillai (1810 - 1876)
Selina (1812 - 1844)
Leonora (1814 - 1875)

As for Richard Fiddian - I have a Richard Fiddian (12 May 1839 - 22 June 1901) married to Adah Adams (3 December 1839 - March 1871) who was the grandaughter of John Adams (22 Dec 1771 - 2 July 1857) who married Nancy Hingley (1772 - 11 Feb 1857), daughter of James Hingley and Ann Fownes, on 14 November 1791 at St Thomas Dudley.
Waltzer7

Postby SRD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Thanks, but how do you know that the James Ingley who is the son of James Hingley & Ann Fownes is the one who married Mary Billingham on 26th December 1791 at St Giles, Rowley Regis rather than the James Ingley who married a Mary Billingham on the 10th May 1803 at St John, Halesowen?
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Waltzer7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

SRD wrote:Thanks, but how do you know that the James Ingley who is the son of James Hingley & Ann Fownes is the one who married Mary Billingham on 26th December 1791 at St Giles, Rowley Regis rather than the James Ingley who married a Mary Billingham on the 10th May 1803 at St John, Halesowen?

The James Hingley, I have, married Mary Billingham on 26 December 1791 at St Giles, Rowley Regis and their eldest son, also called James, was baptised on 8 April 1792 at Rowley Regis. If James married Mary Billingham on 10th May 1803 then their eldest son James would have been born out of wedlock? I'll see if I can copy and paste James Hingley's will: -

James Hingley Marriage Death Will
pre 1837
Transcript of the Will of James Hingley of Cradley Heath Died 1846
This is the last Will and Testament of me James Hingley of Cradley Heath in the parish of Rowley Regis in the County of Stafford Chain Maker Igive and bequeath unto my executors hereinafter named All my Household Goods and Furniture Beds Bedding Brewing Herrsits (?) Shop Tools Horses Cove (?) Farming Stock Implements of Husbandry and other any (?) Effects of a like nature Upon Trust to prevail and offer my Wife Mary Hingley to use and enjoy the same for and during the extent of her natural life Also I give and devise all my Messuages lands and Liecechlaments (?) And all other my Real and personal property of every description unto my said wife Mary Hingley for the extent of her natural life And after her decease I give and bequeath All my Household Goods and Furniture Shop Tools Horses Corve (?) Farming Stock and Supplements of Husbandry and all other my personal Estate equally between them and among my Sons and Daughters in equal shares and proportions and to their several and respective Executors Administrators and Assigns And in case any dispute shall arise as to the division of such Effects Then Idirect my executors hereinafter mentioned (?) to allot divide and apportion the same in such manner as they may think fit amongst my said Children I give and devise unto my oldest Son James Hingley the younger All that freehold Messuage with the said (?) Shop Outbuildings & Garden Ground and appurtenances thereto belonging situate in Laurence Lane in the Parish of Rowley Regis aforesaid and in the occupation of Benjamin Sideaway To Hold the same to my said Son James his heirs and assigns for ever Igive and devise unto my Son Tobias Hingley a plot of land situate at Cradley Heath aforesaid containing five yards of the Road leading from Stourbridge to Rowley and in the whole three hundred and sixteen square yards and which has been lately accounted (?) out and is delineated and marked No 1 on the plan attached to this my Will To Hold the same to my said Son Tobias his heirs and assigns for ever Igive and devise unto my Son Barzillii Hingley a plot of land adjoining the above containing fifteen yards and two feet in front of the said Road and in the whole nine hundred and sixty square yards or thereabouts and marked No 2 on the said plan together with the Dwelling House and appurtenances standing thereon To Hold the same to my said Son Barzillii his heirs and assigns for ever I give and devise unto my Son Henry Hingley a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing fifteen yards one foot and ten inches in front of the said Road and in the whole nine hundred and four square yards or thereabouts and marked No 3 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son Henry his heirs and assigns for ever I give and devise unto my Son Samuel Hingley a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing seven yards in front of the said Road and in the whole three hundred and ninety eight square yards or thereabouts and marked No 4 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son Henry his heirs and assigns for ever I give and devise unto my Son in Law William
James Hingley
Hodgetts a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing fourteen yards and three inches in front of the said Road and in the whole eight hundred and eighty four square yards or thereabouts and marked No 5 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son in Law William Ho dget t s his heirs and assigns f o r ever I give and bequeat h unt o my daught er Martha the wife of Benjamin Coley a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing a frontage of thirteen yards and one foot or thereabouts and marked No 6 on the said plan to hold to her
http://www.griffs4bears.co.uk/family/certs/d5a_wll.htm 1 / 2
Will Transcript 29/12/2012
my said Daughter Martha Coley her heirs and assigns for ever I give and devise unto my Son in Law William Joseph Homer a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing twelve yards and two feet in front of the said Road and in the whole eight hundred and eighty four square yards or thereabouts and marked No 7 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son in Law
Jo seph Ho mer his heirs and assigns f o r ever I give and devise unt o my So n in Law William Bennitt a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing twelve yards and six inches in front of the said Road and in the whole eight hundred and eighty four square yards or thereabouts and marked No 8 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son in Law William Bennitt his heirs and assigns for ever I give and devise unto my Son in Law Robert Brooks a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing eleven yards two and four inches in front of the said Road and in the whole eight hundred and eighty four square yards or thereabouts and marked No 9 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son in Law Robert Brooks his heirs and assigns for ever I give and devise unto my Son in Law Joshua Bannister a plot of land adjoining the last lot containing thirteen yards two feet and six inches in front of the said Road and in the whole eight hundred and eighty four square yards or thereabouts and marked No 10 on the said plan To Hold the same to my said Son in Law William Joshua Bannister his heirs and assigns for ever AndIgiveanddeviseAlltheresidueandremainderof mypropertyof everydescription both Real and personal unto and equal amongst my Sons and Daughters and to their several heirsexecutorsandadministratorsasTenantsinCommon AndIherebyrevokeallprevious wills by me hereto for’y (?) made And nominate and appoint my said Sons James and Tobias Hingley Executors hereof *** **it***e Ithe said James Hingley as Testatrix have to each sheet of this my Will contained in **** sheets of paper set my hand the nineteenth day of February One thousand eight hundred and forty ./.
James Hingley
Signed published acknowledged and declared by the said Testator James Hingley as ***d for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who at the ****** here and in the presence of each o t her have hereunt o subscribed o ur names as Wit nesses . /.
Joseph Bannister Grocer Joseph Burley Butcher
Appeared Personally James Hingley of the Parish of Rowley Regis in the County of Stafford and Diocese of Worcester Farmer and Tobias Hingley of the same place and Chain Maker the executors named in the last Will and Testament of James Hingley late of Cradley Heath in the Parish of Rowley Regis aforesaid Chain Maker deceased, and made Oath that the deceased died on or about the third day of March in the year of our Lord One Thousand eight hundred and forty six and that the Estate and Effects of the deceased which he anyway died possessed of or entitled to, and for in respect of which a Probate of the said Will is to be granted, exclusive of what the said deceased may have possessed of or entitled to as a Trustee for any other Person or Persons, and not beneficially, but including the leasehold Estate or Estates for years of the said deceased, whether absolute or determinable on Lives, and without deducting anything on account of the Debts due and owing from the said deceased are under the Value of Twenty Pounds, to the best of the Deponents knowledge, information or belief.
James Hingley Tobias Hingley
Waltzer7

Postby SRD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 am

Thanks for the will, and I don't dispute that the James snr (who married a Mary Billingham in 1791) you refer to is the father of the James jnr in the will, my problem is with James snr's parents, how do you know that James snr's parents are James & Ann Fownes? James & Ann could be the parents of the James who married a Mary Billingham in 1803 could they not?
SRD

Postby BC Wench » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:46 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: ARC TBC James Hingley & Mary Billingham

Postby SRD » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 am

Not solved and no reply from Waltzer so it might as well be archived.
SRD

Re: ARC TBC James Hingley & Mary Billingham

Postby BC Wench » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks SRD.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Previous

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts