ARC TBC Scottish Marriage Records from 1977

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

ARC TBC Scottish Marriage Records from 1977

Postby Lak2309 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi all,

It's my parents Ruby wedding anniversary this month but my neither me or my sister know the exact date. Does anyone know how we find out the date without having to order a certificate, any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Liz
Last edited by Lak2309 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lak2309

Re: Scottish Marriage Records from 1977

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:30 am

Need to pay for cert because of age can`t be viewed on line -it`s a registry marriage so is in their office Images of statutory birth records less than 100 years old, marriages less than 75 years old, deaths less than 50 years old and of divorces, civil partnerships and dissolutions of a civil partnership are not available to view online. This is in accordance with the National Records of Scotland’s policy on protecting the privacy of individuals. If you require a copy of these records for your research or for official or legal purposes you can order a certificate direct from the search results page.

For help with searching and understanding your results read our statutory registers guide and how to sort and filter search results.
(Have omitted results for privacy)

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1326 ... eremonies/
Kind regards RF
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Lak2309 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:48 am

Thanks for the response, I was worried this is the case, I should have looked into this earlier, I suspect I will miss it by the time the anniversary comes round. Time to try and find out some other way!
Lak2309

Postby BC Wench » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:16 am

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts