ARC TBC James Hackett

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

Re: James Hackett

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:32 am

rockyfowler wrote:St Andrew Netherton Burial
56 4 May 1938 Sarah HACKETT 119 St Peters Rd Netherton Aged 57 yrs Cert.By S Monkton
:idea:

SARAH
HACKETT
Birth year 1881
Age 57
Death quarter 2
Death year 1938
District DUDLEY
County Staffordshire
Volume 6C
Page 15

Ah!! so we think this is Sarah then do we?

PDan can you check that address on your dads birth certif?

Re the burials....we need Barb on this one.............BARB!!!

but from memory at Dudley archives they have a diagram/map of burials at st andrews netherton that had a headstone and name
so if it had a headstone and name it would have been recorded.....at the time they did the monumental inscriptions...dunno when that was though.
I found quite a few using it.

BARB!!!!!!!!!!!!
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:36 am

No need to shout NL :lol:

Yes, you're right, Dudley Archives do have a plan of the graveyard at St Andrew's which was done by Dudley Council. I can't remember the exact date, possibly 1950s. Again, as you say, if there is a headstone or even a vase/urn with a name on it you should be able to find where the grave plot is.

My gt grandfather's grave had a blue brick surround with just a flower pot on top of the grave with just E. Belcher written on it (he died 1936), but I did manage to find it in the undergrowth.

Just found my copy of the plan. There are 18 sections of the churchyard and each section has the grave plot number. There are various folders numbered 1-18 which cover these sections. Each folder lists the name, plot number, condition of the grave, age and date the person died. Dudley Archives Staff will show you how to use the plan.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:44 am

nice one Barb :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby PanzerDan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:11 am

Bear with me on Dads certificate and the address, its actually out at the moment for some family thing, I've seen it elsewhere though, I'll track it down later today :)
PanzerDan

Postby PanzerDan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Yes, its 119 St Peters Rd, Dads certificate is still out somewhere, but knew I'd seen it on Ancestry on a trade directory from a similar year :P
PanzerDan

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:49 am

So looks like you just need to send for that death certif for James Hackett now and find his burial at dudley

if you get the info would you let us know and I can update the Bcc tree with it.

would you like me to add in notes on James your username?
then if anyone connects they can contact you via this forum?

also do you have any info on James wife Sarah Westwood on marriage father is Josiah a carter but we have drawn a blank with finding her.
do you have any more info?
Northern Lass

Postby PanzerDan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Hoping to try and go to the archives this week if possible, I'm away the week after so may not be able to send for the certificate till thats all done. I noticed on Ancestry that it looks like a possible descendant of Matthew Jesse Hackett exists? I've sent a message, but they aint logged in for a year.... Also wondering, if its no bother, can anyone look up the other brother Alexander Hackett. He seems to marry a Julia Farrell (not sure of date as I aint looked yet) but just wondering if he had kids, in some notes my son has, he's got a (another) James Hackett down as son, but he couldnt remember where he had that from? Alexander dies in December 1957 by the looks of it.
Also still waiting to hear from that descendant of David Hackett in Canada!
Yes please, add in any details you want, no problems! I'm uttery bowled over with your help, my son was overjoyed, and kinda saddened at the same time that you had found James. Saddened by the manner of his death that is.... We're planning on going to St Andrews on remembrance days from now on to remember him.

Bless yer again! :P
PanzerDan

Postby PanzerDan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Quick update on my search! I finally managed to get the time to get to the archives and view the map, and other bits of information on the whereabouts of James grave. I believe I have found it, well, I think so. The mistake I made was not actually photographing the complete pages of information on my phone so I could note the names on the graves either side.... Doh! I'll go back to the archives this weekend to sort that! If Ive got the right place, its basically an empty plot, there's no actual grave or marker, so thats a bit sad for someone who fought for their country I think. Ho hum.
PanzerDan

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:42 am

Well done finding it

which section in the graveyard is it in can I put the info on Bcc?
Northern Lass

Postby PanzerDan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Its in section 7, and the plot number is 159. Its down on the sheet as 'condition poor, unmarked dirt grave, no surround' but in fairness, its actually not as bad as the sheet makes it out. If I'm correct about it being the right one, the grave next door seems to have been rebuilt, so ours may have had a tidy too. I should be going back up on saturday to check the other named graves in the row just to make sure. The only niggle is the date on the sheet, it says 31/8/1922, where the date mentioned below on a post is 3rd of September???? Obviously its only a few days, but the age and year are correct, and he was the only James who came up.
PanzerDan

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:04 am

I will add that info to Bcc

So that info was in that booklet at the archives...think it was a book I viewed when i needed info.
who did that info again was it friends of St andrew ...I can't remember think bc wench mentioned who it was did it.

Just wondering if it is an idea to also check with the church with what you have...with the vicar and see if they have any other
notes re the burial...we have the burial info from the register courtesy of RF..but just wondering if any other notes
ie which plot he is buried in links with the burial info then you would know it is your James.
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Is this still a Brickwall, or have you solved it?

Unless otherwise advised this will be moved to the Brickwalls Archived section
within 24 hours
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Previous

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts