ARC TBC James Hackett

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, BC Wench

Re: James Hackett

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:15 am

Also who is this one who dies dudley?

did your James have a middle name?
Deaths Mar 1927
HACKETT James H 42 Dudley 6b 1323
Northern Lass

Postby BC Wench » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Some questions Dan ....and anyone else who might answer them.

1. Did James and Sarah have any other kids that you know of...if so names and dob?

2. Do you have the marriages of any other kids?...did John marry kathleen deeley...who did lily marry? Looks good on BCC to me

3. do you have his military info number etc etc.

4. did Sarah remarry?

4. can anyone find any of James hacketts family on 1939 pls...ie john hackett and esp Sarah Hackett b abt 1883

5. when did sarah die?

1939 Register: 17 Blackberry Road, Rowley Regis, Staffs
John T Hackett, Born 7 July 1905, Married, Iron Works Labourer Heavy Work
Kathleen Hackett, Born 17 August 1908, Married, Unpaid Domestic Duties

1939: 29 Hanover Road, Rowley Regis, Staffs
Walter Roberts, Born 10 Oct 1900, Married, Steel Erector
Lily (Rosehannah written alongside in green) Roberts, Born 12 Dec 1903, Married, Unpaid Domestic Duties
David Roberts, Born 4 Dec 1921, Single, Oddworker in shovel making factory
James Roberts, Born 7 Jun 1923, Single, Striper in Shocle Making Co.
Walter Roberts, Born 7 Oct 1931, Single, At school
1 record closed

The only Sarah I can see on the 1939 Register that fits (unless she got married again) is

1939 Register: 1 Bromsrove Road, Halesowen, Worcs
Thomas H Normansell, Born 30 July 1886, Married, Gas Works Foreman-Gas Fitter, Air Raid Warden-Gas Public Utility Undertaking
Edith Normansell, Born 10 Feb 1881, Married, Unpaid Household Duties
Annie M Normansell, Born 29 Oct 1907, Single, Sweetmeat-Packer
Sarah J Hackett, Born 9 Nov 1885, Widow, Unpaid Domestic Duties

Just in cast Thomas or Edith are relations

Marriage: 1926 St John the Baptist, Halesowen 014/011/39
Thomas H NORMANSELL & Edith BENNETT
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks

Dan don't know if that is your tree on ancestry but Sarah Westwoods father is not wm but Josiah
sarah who marries James hackett

http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =354066449
Northern Lass

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:43 pm

So looks like Lily hackett sister of John marries Walter roberts
it would be interesting to see if father James is deceased on that mar. in 1921.
Northern Lass

Postby PanzerDan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Hello all, sorry for the late reply, a crazy little thing called work got in the way! :-) Bear with me while I go through the info so far, most of it looks correct, as I have some of it but not all of it. Answering the one post quickly, James was in the Royal Field Artillery. He was a driver, I assume of horses? His service number was L/8,201 as its shown on his victory, and british medal card, or L/8201 as its shown on the silver war medal card. He enlists on the 4/3/15, and is discharged 28/1/19. He is discharged from R.F.A. 62 reserve battery. On the silver war medal card the cause of discharge is listed as 'sickness'. It may be a coincidence, but one of the first things I read on this site was a link to a men and memorials website, where I found a photo of the Walter Somers memorial in Halesowen, which lists a J Hackett with the word 'died' in brackets. I have no idea if its him at all, but he was an Iron worker I believe, or 'puddler' as he's listed. I believe his last known address may be 130 Saltwells rd. Think thats whats written on my Grandads (John Thomas Hackett to Kathleen Deeley) wedding certificate, he is listed as deceased in 1930 on there. A S Hackett who I assume is Sarah his wife is still listed as living there into the 30s in trade directories on Ancestry. I'll be back later on when I've gone through some of the stuff. Cheers all! :P
PanzerDan

Postby PanzerDan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Looking through the posts, all seems correct to the bits I know. I hadnt seen James and Sarah's marriage info before, thanks for that! Also the Roberts family information is correct. I'm currently about to try and track down any possible living descendants of Lily and Walters kids, just to see if any photos survive.
As for the two James death entries, I'm not sure at all about them. The ages seem about right, but Ive never seen a middle name anywhere for him, and I think I clocked another James H Hackett somewhere else on ancestry. The Lichfield one is also odd, I wouldnt have thought so as the family only ever seem to move within half a mile of Mushroom green. Again, I have no info at all about his death, or cause of it, except for a half remembered story about poison gas? There was another story about a military gun carriage funeral. My late father even claimed to have seen a picture of it???? The same goes for where he may have served in the war, one relative said France, another said Turkey?
Ive emailed the Royal Artillery and got nothing off them, same with Walter Somers, or Somers forge as its now known. I even met the Vicar, or whoever it was of St Andrews in Netherton and asked if he'd look through the burials, he never got back.
PanzerDan

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 am

Netherton St Andrew Burials

1030 3 Sept Jame HACKETT died at Ministry of Pensions Hospital Cannock Chase Aged 38years Vicar T.B. Jones
Last edited by rockyfowler on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:25 am

HOSPITALS.

HC Deb 11 May 1922 vol 153 cc2348-50 2348
5. Lieut.-Colonel SPENDER CLAY asked the Minister of Pensions how 2349 many hospitals are now maintained by the Ministry, where they are situated, and how many cot cases there are in each?
§Mr. MACPHERSON There are 52 hospitals wholly maintained by my De-
Region. Name of Hospital. Number of Pensioners under treatment. Where situated.
Scotland … Bellahouston 643 Glasgow.
Belmont Castle 31 Forfar.
Craigend Park 48 Edinburgh.
Craigleigh 467 Edinburgh.
Dalhousie 15 Carnoustie.
Edenhall 97 Musselburgh.
Kilgraston 34 Perth.
Kings Croft 10 Barnton.
Northern … Innes Hopkins 22 Ryton-on-Tyne.
Castle Leazes 455 Sunderland.
Shortley Bridge 202 Gateshead.
Gretna 98 Cumberland.
Sunderland 350 Sunderland.
North Western … Allerton Towers (Officers) 26 Liverpool.
Grangethorpe 174 Manchester.
Knotty Ash 480 Liverpool.
Mossley Hill 354 Liverpool.
Maghull 279 Liverpool.
Yorkshire … Beeketts Park 457 Leeds.
The Hydro 88 Bridlington.
Oulton Hall 113 Leeds.
Radlyn College 67 Harrogate.
Wharncliffe 156 Sheffield.
Wales … Bangor 73 Bangor.
Mount Pleasant 191 Chepstow.
Neath 174 Neath.
Rook wood 52 Llandaff.
West Midland … Highbury and Uffculme 245 Birmingham.
Cannock Chase 429 Hednesford, Staffs.
Oaklands 30 Droitwich.
Sorrento 38 Birmingham.
Watsons Home 25 Wylde Green, Birmingham.
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 am

Brilliant well done RF

so he is buried at St Andrews netherton ??

and the death certif in lichfield is his too so that is the one dan should send for

do we know which paper would cover that area in that year cos there may be an article in it.
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:04 am

Netherton St Andrew Burials
1030 3 Sept Jame HACKETT died at Ministry of Pensions Hospital Cannock Chase Aged 38years Vicar T.B. Jones

No Grave Stone on Forum Gallery may be worth ringing the vicar?
Last edited by rockyfowler on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:06 am

added to bcc

what is the local paper
for that area

something county? can't remember
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:28 am

County Express prob at dudley archives? Birmingham post etc :wink:
rockyfowler

Postby PanzerDan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Thank you times a million!!!! :P
Ive never been able to find this info! I was always convinced somehow that he would be in St Andrews, and indeed have traipsed around it several times in vain. There must be hundreds of those brick type unmarked graves in there, I've probably walked past it.... How would I go about looking for a plot number? Would that be a case of contacting the vicar? Wonder if the county express would have funeral information. My Dad was sure he had seen photos of a gun carriage funeral. A box of ancient family photos has been lost along the way through circumstances, it was probably in there. My Uncle reckoned a simple private wouldnt have been granted one, but I read a Bugle article about another private from Cradley who died after the war through wounds or similar, who also had a gun carriage send off. Would I be able to track Sarah (his wife) down using the same St Andrews register? I know she's still at 130 Saltwells Rd through some of the Dudley trade directories in 1932. Its in the Blocksidges almanac for Dudley.
PanzerDan

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:03 pm

St Andrew Netherton Burial
56 4 May 1938 Sarah HACKETT 119 St Peters Rd Netherton Aged 57 yrs Cert.By S Monkton
:idea:

SARAH
HACKETT
Birth year 1881
Age 57
Death quarter 2
Death year 1938
District DUDLEY
County Staffordshire
Volume 6C
Page 15
rockyfowler

Postby PanzerDan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:36 pm

Pretty sure thats it. I'm certain that address is the one on my Dads birth certificate! I recall him saying once that she lived in St Peters Rd, he would have been 2 years old when she died. Ive been toying with the idea of attempting to find descendants of James' brothers to see if any photos exist. Ive found the descendants of David Hackett in Canada and made contact, just pondering on the others.
PanzerDan

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Brick Wall Posts