Higgins Family for susietwo

Archived posts from the beginners section.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Higgins Family for susietwo

Postby Antie Em » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 am

I have now started a new thread for this family

I have added all I can see on BCC here : http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =564197891

Have a look through the old thread and let me know if I have left anything off.

What to do next :

I think you might need a copy of Evelyn May Higgins birth certificate (1920) if you really need to find out her father's name, we can't really add her father from her marriage certificate. It's not uncommon for people to make up a name for their father on a marriage certificate.

I have added the family of William and Mary Higgins and the census records from 1881 to 1911.

In 1881 their youngest child is Jeremiah, born in Darlaston in 1874. William was born around 1852, so could have been married any time after about 1870 - so you could search for a marriage between William Higgins and Mary between the dates 1868 - 1876, this allows a couple of years either side. William's middle name "George" may or may not show up - so just search for William Higgins - always keep searches simple.

You can search on FreeBMD and West Midlands BMD - let us know what you find
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Re: Higgins Family for susietwo

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Antie Em wrote:I have now started a new thread for this family

I have added all I can see on BCC here : http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tr ... =564197891

What to do next :

I think you might need a copy of Evelyn May Higgins birth certificate (1920) if you really need to find out her father's name, we can't really add her father from her marriage certificate. It's not uncommon for people to make up a name for their father on a marriage certificate.

I have added the family of William and Mary Higgins and the census records from 1881 to 1911.
I have found a book my mother had been writing in before she died, and in it she wrote that Thomas Whalley was her father.
In 1881 their youngest child is Jeremiah, born in Darlaston in 1874. William was born around 1852, so could have been married any time after about 1870 - so you could search for a marriage between William Higgins and Mary between the dates 1868 - 1876, this allows a couple of years either side. William's middle name "George" may or may not show up - so just search for William Higgins - always keep searches simple.

susietwo

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1872 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Budd Mary W.Bromwich 6b 965
Higgins William George W. Bromwich 6b 965
found this hope its ok
susietwo

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 pm

I found some writing that my mother started before she died in it she states that her mother introduced her to Thomas Whalley as her father.
susietwo

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm

susietwo wrote:I found some writing that my mother started before she died in it she states that her mother introduced her to Thomas Whalley as her father.

Was trying to find the death of Thomas Whalley, as my mother wrote he died after they had been married for 2 years. So I put in the year they got married and left the other blank but couldnt find anything that fitted. I just knew I should have sarted with my fathers side first lol
susietwo

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm just hoping that when my uncle comes down on Tuesday that he might have some paper work that will help in our search.
susietwo

Postby susietwo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am

Antie Em wrote:I have now started a new thread for this family

What to do next :

Can anyone tell me were to go to get marriage certificare for William & Mary married in WBromwhich. So from that I can get date of births. My Uncle came down but he couldnt find any paper work just pic,got loverly pic of William & Mary with 6 of the children.

susietwo

Postby susietwo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:52 am

On the family tree I tried to add Marys maiden name but couldnt find out hoe to do it, as her maiden name was Budd.
susietwo

Postby Antie Em » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 am

Hiya

Sorry - you won't be able to add to the tree, but I can add information for you.

Maggie
Antie Em

Postby Antie Em » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

Do you mean the wife of William Higgins? How do you know her maiden name is Budd, do you have their marriage ?

Maggie
Antie Em

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:20 am

Antie Em wrote:Do you mean the wife of William Higgins? How do you know her maiden name is Budd, do you have their marriage ?

Maggie

found this
Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Jun 1872 (>99%)

Budd Mary W.Bromwich 6b 965
Higgins William George W. Bromwich 6b 965
susietwo

Postby Antie Em » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:38 pm

There is a Mary Rudd and a Mary Budd on that record. Also, you don't know if she was married before, so can't be sure this is her maiden name.

Do you have a birth certificate for one of their children, which gives their mother's maiden name?

Maggie
Antie Em

Postby susietwo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Antie Em wrote:There is a Mary Rudd and a Mary Budd on that record. Also, you don't know if she was married before, so can't be sure this is her maiden name.

Do you have a birth certificate for one of their children, which gives their mother's maiden name?

Maggie

No dont have any birth certificates, should I start with my mothers??
susietwo

Postby Maths girl » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:40 pm

susietwo wrote:
Antie Em wrote:There is a Mary Rudd and a Mary Budd on that record. Also, you don't know if she was married before, so can't be sure this is her maiden name.

Maggie

It is one of the basic rules to work backwards from what you know -- so if you haven't seen a copy of your mother's birth certificate then probably that is where you should start unless you are 100% certain of the next step back based on other evidence
Maths girl

Postby susietwo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Maths girl wrote:
susietwo wrote:

Maggie

It is one of the basic rules to work backwards from what you know -- so if you haven't seen a copy of your mother's birth certificate then probably that is where you should start unless you are 100% certain of the next step back based on other evidence

Any idea were I would get it from as think my mother was born in Bilston
susietwo

Next

Return to Archived Posts