*Archive?* Thomas Howlett Warren

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: Thomas Howlett Warren

Postby jschelleng » Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Dear M. Jacquet

Sorry about using the wrong salutation in the last post. I must admit that I rushed off my answer without carefully reading your post first. You needn't apologize for your ability to write english. It is evidently better then my ability to read it.

John Schelleng
jschelleng

Postby jschelleng » Wed May 25, 2011 1:42 am

Dear M. Jacquet

Please accept my apologies for using Mme. instead of M. in my last post. I obviously had not read your post carefully before I replied. Your skill at writing English was very good, evidently better then my skill at reading the language and much better then my skill at doing anything in French.

Thank you again for your information

John Schelleng
jschelleng

Postby Philippe Jacquet » Sat May 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Dear Sir,

thank you for your messages and apologies that were not really necessary. It’s certainly not easy for you to translate my English ...
I know virtually nothing about the Charles Warren, who would be your great-great-grandfather. I know that my great-great-grandfather Joseph Warren had a brother named Charles who was an artist (painter) like many other members of the Warren family. I also have an old photo that shows a portrait of my great-great-grandmother, Ellen Warren-Hall, designed by Charles Warren, the brother of her husband.
I write for years about the history of my family, and a small chapter of this story concern his Warren branch. It is of course written in French, but if you're interested about this chapter, I can send you a copy on CD. If so, please, send me your postal address. If you have any information on descendants of Charles Warren, I would also be interested to receive them.
Cordial greetings, and sorry, once again, for my bad english.

Philippe Jacquet
Philippe Jacquet

Postby grangers14 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Can this be archived now?
Jo :)
grangers14

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion