*Archive?* David Eades marriage - UPDATE

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: David Eades marriage - help please!

Postby snoopysue » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 pm

I've found out a bit more about the family.
David's son David Conley Eades also became a prebytarian minister: a google search has him dedicateing a church in 1954.
David's son Andrew Bonar Eades served in WW1 in the DLI (Durham Light Infantry), as far as I can make out he was transferred to another unit then transferred back and seemed to have worked at a depot. He started as a private and ended as a seargeant. On his discharge papers it says he was an orderly and room clerk.
He married Jessie Angus in 1917. Their son Angus Bonar Eades died in 1943 in the USA while training as a Flight Officer in the RAF. He could have been an electrical engineer, as a goggle search turned up a Roll of Honour in a trade magazine, but you need a subscription to read it.
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:22 pm

From,

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... 04&df=all&

Angus Bonar Eades.
Birth: 1922.
Gateshead.
County Durham, England.
Death: Aug. 10, 1943.

Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve.
Date of Death: 10/08/1943.
Service No: 134137.

Additional information: Son of Andrew Bonar and Jessie Eades, of Low Fell, Gateshead, Co. Durham, England.

Burial:
San Antonio National Cemetery.
San Antonio.
Bexar County.
Texas, USA.
Plot: Sec. P.F. Grave 328..

Created by: Johan Moors.
Record added: Jan 05, 2011.
Find A Grave Memorial# 63801804.

Also from,

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... 39&df=all&

Birth: Nov. 4, 1921, England
Death: Aug. 10, 1943
McLennan County
Texas, USA

Angus Eades was in the US for pilot training at Waco Army Air Field. He was on a training mission in McLennan when his plane went down.

Burial:
Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery.
San Antonio.
Bexar County.
Texas, USA.
Plot: Section P-F Site 328.

Created by: TxCyn2.
Record added: May 14, 2009.
Find A Grave Memorial# 37082939.
Jimmy

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:26 pm

U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006.
about Angus B Jr Eades.
Name: Angus B Jr Eades.
Service Info.: ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE WORLD WAR II.
Death Date: 10 Aug 1943.
Cemetery: Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery.
Cemetery Address: 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road San Antonio, TX 78209.
Buried At: Section Pf Site 328.

Angus B Jr Eades.
Service Info.: ROYAL CANADIAN Air Force.
Death Date: 10 Aug 1943.
Interment Date: 12 Aug 1943.
Cemetery: Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery.
Cemetery Address: 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road San Antonio, TX 78209.
Buried At: Section Pf Site 328.
Jimmy

Postby snoopysue » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks Jimmy!

Don't quite get why he's "Jr" though. Unless they thourght he had the same name as his father purely because the initials are the same. His mother was Jessie Angus.

I'm getting quite a good picture of this family now.
I'm at work at the moment, but the last thing I'd found out was that Angus grandmother Elizabeth Cawthorne (married Solomon S Eades) died at a mental hospital in Dumfries in 1937. She's on the probate calender. When her husband Solomon died (1903 I think) he left about £30,000 - but by the time Elizabeth died she left about £3000! I'm going to have to send off for these two wills, as I suspect that as they had no children (that I've found!) they left the money to various family members. A lot of them seem to have been involved in the buisness.
Just after Solomons death in 1904, the buisness comprised of about 8 premises (Kelly's directories), so it was quite large.
What still amazes me is that Solomon's father (also a Solomon Eades) was an iron worker. He and his wife Jemima left the Black Country presumably to find work and settled in Middlesborough - in one generation the family did extremely well, and Solomon S Eades left the equivalent of about £2 million - although I expect most of this was tied up in the buisness - who'd have thourght selling piano's was so lucrative!!!
Snoopysue

snoopysue

Postby SRD » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Probably not related directly but I've just noticed an item in our local paper, The Blackmoor Vale Magazine (known as the Blackmail More Magazine), that a Rev. John Eade is retiring from his rectorship in the Nadder Valley Team Ministry (parishes of Fovant, Sutton Mandeville, the Teffonts, Compton Chamberlayne, Dinton, Baverstock, Barford St. Martin, Tisbury, Hindon, Chilmark, the Fonthills, Ansty and Swallowcliffe).
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby snoopysue » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

SRD wrote:Probably not related directly but I've just noticed an item in our local paper, The Blackmoor Vale Magazine (known as the Blackmail More Magazine), that a Rev. John Eade is retiring from his rectorship in the Nadder Valley Team Ministry (parishes of Fovant, Sutton Mandeville, the Teffonts, Compton Chamberlayne, Dinton, Baverstock, Barford St. Martin, Tisbury, Hindon, Chilmark, the Fonthills, Ansty and Swallowcliffe).

There are a lot of Eades, I've also found some as reverends in the US, but as far as I can tell none of my lot emigrated! This lot are a side branch of my family that caught my interest due to them going from iron workers to piano merchants.
Snoopysue

snoopysue

Postby snoopysue » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 pm

UPDATE!

Recieved Soloman Samual Eades Will through the post today (it only took two months!)
As I've said on earlier posts he left a lot of money, and he seems to have been very generous!
Assuming he didn't sell any of the property between writing the will and his death( a space of three years) he owned 4 houses in which his wife and siblings and their familes could live in rent free until their deaths (or in the case of his deceased sister, her widowed husband could live there for the rest of his life or until he remarried).

His brother David Eades, sister Pheobe and brothers in law William Stubbs and Edward Jobling were executors, and the men were to manage the music business along with a secretary/ bookkeeper called Edith Emily Forster, they recieve a wage of £100 p.a. All the family seems to be taken care of, several are working in the business. Although the adopted sister Sarah Davis Eades doesn't do quite as well as her siblings, she does have a lifetime job in the business.

Once the siblings and in laws had died the properties were to be sold and any money made was to be shared between the nieces and nephews. A lot of employees are to have annuities in the case of the business being wound up, as are the close family members. If there are reasonable profits, then the employees will recieve a bonus.

There is also lagacies to several Orphanges, including Barnardo's and two local hospitals, as well as religious and philanthropic charities to be decided upon by the family.

I still find it amazing that Soloman came from humble beginnings and did so well! I'm also proud that a distant relation of mine seemed to care, not only about his family but also made provision for his employees. I don't know what happened to the business, but in Soloman's will, if a shop wasn't profitable then it was to be sold as a going concern. I would imagine that the invention of the radio would have meant hard times for Piano sellers, but I've been unable to locate anything on the internet.
Snoopysue

snoopysue

Re: David Eades marriage - UPDATE

Postby snoopysue » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

snoopysue wrote:I can't find a marriage between David Eades and Isabella Unknown.

David born Tipton 1854.
Lived in Middlesborough with parents Soloman and Jemima (both from Staffs).
On 1881 census David is in Cockemouth, Cumberland - he's single and a presbytarian minister. By 1891 he's married to Isabella (b.abt 1854, Isle of White) living in Aston Tirrold,Berkshire, and they have three children: John Gordon and Ethel, both born in Cumberland; Andrew Bonar born in Berkshire. By 1901 they're back in Durham and have son David Conley, also born in Berkshire.
David dies in june 1937, by that time he's living in Surrey (probate records).

I've searched for a marriage, but can't find one - could them being presbytarian have anything to do with it?
Snoopysue

snoopysue

Postby grangers14 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 am

I cant see this on freebmd or searching the images of GRO bur family search has this

David Eades
England Marriages, 1538–1973

marriage: 03 Apr 1881 —Cross-Canonby, Cumberland, England
spouse: Isabella Conley

record title: England Marriages, 1538–1973
groom's name: David Eades
bride's name: Isabella Conley
marriage date: 03 Apr 1881
marriage place: Cross-Canonby, Cumberland, England
indexing project (batch) number: I03796-5
system origin: England-EASy
source film number: 1472080
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 am

Scotlands People is showing a marriage between them two names in 1881
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:32 am

19th April 1881 3 Bellevue Crescent Edinburgh
David Eades, Minister English Presbytarian Church, bachelor, High Street Maryport, Solomon Eades Iron Works Controller and Jemima Eades MS Jeavons
Isabella Conley. Spinster, 3 Bellevue Cresent Edinburgh, John Conley Naval officer and Isabella Smith Conley MS Mc Neill
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Can this be archived SS?
Jo :)
grangers14

Re: *Archive?* David Eades marriage - UPDATE

Postby snoopysue » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Yes, thanks :-)
Snoopysue

snoopysue

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion