*Archive TBC* NEW TO SITE

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

*Archive TBC* NEW TO SITE

Postby jane2009 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Hello everyone, My name is Jane, I was born in Oldswinford but lived mainly in Wollescote and I've decided that its about time someone in the family did the family tree, so here I am.
Its early days yet and I'm looking for the surnames TAYLOR, HILL AND EVANS for the time being.
When I was a child my great gran told me a story about her great gran (4x removed from her) who gave birth on board a ship and also on that ship was LORD NELSON who was asked to become GODFATHER to her newborn child.
He did so and somewhere in the family is supposed to be a document to prove this but I have not found it yet. This story is well known throughout the generations of my family. I have a big task ahead of me so any help would be grateful. The people Im looking for with the surnames above were born or at least living in the LYE, WOLLESCOTE and STOURBRIDGE areas of the WEST MIDLANDS from around 1865 to 1956. Thanks for reading my very long introduction. :wink:
jane2009

Re: NEW TO SITE

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi Jane welcome to the site

Seen you have posted in Intros
so is there anything in particular in the Black Country area we can help
you with?
Names dates etc...
If so post in the Black Country section and we will do our best to help you

Just scroll down the main board and you will find the Black country genealogy section there

:grin:
Northern Lass

Postby Maths girl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Jane

You certainly have a good reason to start hunting - Admiral Nelson no less - but the way the rest interlink is addictively exciting too - so be warned

As NL says if you put some specific details that you have gleaned from family about the more recent past - eg grandparents/great grandparents names dates of birth, marriages etc then we will certainly try to help you out.

Maths girl
Maths girl

Postby grangers14 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Has anyone anything to add to this?
If not it will be archived.
Jo :)
grangers14

Return to Archived General Discussion