Hi all.

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Hi all.

Postby Ann in the UK » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, but not new to family history research. I've been researching my family a couple of years now and I'm as addicted as ever.

I'm mainly researching my CARRICK line and have already noticed you have at least one member researching that name - in the right area too. My Carrick's originated in Scotland - although we have suspicions they may have gone there from Ireland at some point - but my branch of the family ended up in Toxteth Park, Liverpool c1870 (West Derby, where your member is researching, is also a district of Liverpool and in the past the parish covered a wide area of the city). I'm also interested in any Carricks in the following area's of Scotland:
Anderston, Glasgow - early 1870s
Rothesay, Bute - 1850-70
Govan, Glasgow, late 1840s
Lochgilphead - mid 1840s
Balfron, Stirlingshire - early 1840s
Muirhouses, Pollockshaws Road, Glasgow - c1840
Glenmavis, New Monkland - c1838
Auchinloch, nr Kirkintilloch c1810-20

I'm also interested in any Carrick's who live/lived in New Zealand, particularly the north island, around Auckland or Wellington.

Other lines include:

BERRY - in Liverpool, but originally from Galway (I'm particularly interested in any Berry's related to DARCY's, MONAGHAN's, CORBETT's, OR LANGFORD's).
MACMILLAN - my line starts in the hamlets of Blaich and North Garvan in the Kilmallie parish, near Fort William,. so 'm particularly interesed in those from the Murlagan/Ardgour/Lochaber branches.
BALL - in Liverpool, but from County Monaghan originally.
FINUCANE - in the Cork area. But again, my lot ended up in Liverpool.
BUTLER - Crusheen, County Clare
MACNAMARA - Crusheen, County Clare.

Then, of course, there are my SMITH lines - I have two, one on either side of my family, both based in Toxteth Park, Liverpool c1870s :?

Well that's it for now,

Regards,
Ann
Ann in the UK

Re: Hi all.

Postby peterd » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 pm

hi ann and welcome
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby mallosa » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Hiya Ann and welcome to the site :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Ann
Welcome to the forum
:grin:
Northern Lass

Return to Archived General Discussion