*Archive TBC* Who really is my great grand father?

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: Who really is my great grand father?

Postby peterd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:13 pm

fbmd only go to c1935 if he died in shropshire then you could be in for trouble as its one of the most arkward county to find anything

someone might find something in the national burial index ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Dan Mackman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi,

I have managed to find a list of births and deaths for all William Light's but without knowing where he was born I am a bit stumped. When you found out about the marriage with William Light, was there any other info about him? The list I have shows no one from shropshire.
Dan Mackman

Postby peterd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Dan Mackman wrote:Hi,

I have managed to find a list of births and deaths for all William Light's but without knowing where he was born I am a bit stumped. When you found out about the marriage with William Light, was there any other info about him? The list I have shows no one from shropshire.

no but if you sent for cert you would get his father name that might help ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby dianepearson79 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I know this is late, but another possibility is that she was widowed and had an affair with a married man (sounds stupid but happened in my family) my dad actually, he was the youngest of 13 all with the name Smith untill my dad was to be registered, then apperantly they had a fall out so my grandma had to register him in her married name cos he took off back to his wife and did not go to the registration, was a big hush hush too even he did not know till he joined the army at 17 and at 19 they asked him what he wanted to be called, so he took huff and stayed with the my grandma's first husbands name a real nightmare for me though with a name that really has no relation to me. anyway they did marry eventually in 1946 at the ages of like 64-68 yrs
dianepearson79

Postby grangers14 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Anyone anything to add to this?
If not it will be archived.
Jo :)
grangers14

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion