Annoying glitch on Ancestry??

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Annoying glitch on Ancestry??

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:29 pm

This is a very minor thing but it's bugging me!
So on my nan's life story page one of the events says 'death of husband in 1996 in Basildon, Berkshire'
My grandad did die in 96 but in Basildon, Essex not Berkshire. So I figured I must have wrong info in his profile. I've gone into his profile and re edited everything to make sure the death information says Basildon, Essex. It says on his life story that he died in Basildon, Essex but on my nan's it still says Berkshire. I've even tried taking him off as her spouse and re adding him and it still says Berkshire? I can't edit it on her page?
Little things like this annoy me as I want my tree to be as accurate as possible.. has anyone else noticed any little glitches like this and is there anything I can do about it? :roll:
Mrs.S2012

Re: Annoying glitch on Ancestry??

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 pm

There is a Basildon in Berkshire.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Yes there is, that's correct but I know that my grandad died in Basildon, Essex. For some reason it has defaulted to Berkshire on my nan's record and I can't change it.
I've noticed it happens on quite a few of the profiles..even though I have the correct info on the actual person's profile, it will say something different on their relatives profile?
Mrs.S2012

Postby peterd » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:50 pm

just put basildon and enter without Essex or Berkshire see what happens
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:59 pm

I have and it defaults to Berkshire?
I've noticed looking through the life story page that lots of little errors like that seem to occur. For example my nan died in Basildon, Essex and it says Basildon, Essex on her profile.. but on her sister's it says sister Nellie died in Basildon, Berkshire.. must just be a weird glitch. Noticed it with other areas too not just Basildon. So I will try to just ignore it. My OCD finds this a bit difficult :lol:
Mrs.S2012

Postby grangers14 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Try putting Basildon, Essex, England. It will pick it up. Then you can select it.
grangers14

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Yes that does work, on the individuals profile it will say Basildon, Essex, England.. however if they are mentioned on another relatives profile it says Berkshire?
Must be pulling the info over incorrectly? I don't know. I just find it mildly annoying that it doesn't all match up and wondered if others had noticed this.
Mrs.S2012

Postby peterd » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:20 pm

it might be ancestry logarithm that brings up Berkshire first due to its Alphabetical position mention it to ancestry they may look into it
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes I will do, I've noticed as well if I don't type in London, England it will default to London USA. I've just been re editing everyone.. Some are still stuck saying USA, or London, London instead of say Stepney, London. Only seems to be on the life story page, it's like it doesn't bring the information across correctly. I'll get in touch with Ancestry to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong!
Mrs.S2012

Return to Archived General Discussion