New User from Canada

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

New User from Canada

Postby Irene » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:56 pm

I have never used a Genealogy Forum before so I guess I am hoping you will be able to guide me in the right directions. Most of my family on both sides are from the Black Country originally and I believe some still live there. My grandfather's family are the ones I am having the most difficulty with.... the last name is Bangham/Baugham. I have been able to find one direct line but there are still some missing pieces to the puzzle. I guess I am looking for anyone that knows more about this family than I have been able to find out so far.
Irene

Re: New User from Canada

Postby peterd » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:03 pm

hi Irene and welcome to the forum

We have the General Discussion section for all queries for any ancestors from any county so post in there
and we will do our best to help you.

We also have a dedicated black country section that sort of straddles the counties of Staffs and Worcs.
So if you post your quirers there on your black county folk, post what info you have along with your question and we'll try our best

Pete
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi Irene and welcome to the forum :grin:

As Pete says ask for any help you need and we will do our best.

Quite a few of us are involved in a huge Black Country tree called
Black Country Connections
you can read about that here....

http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/

you may find some familiar names in there

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi Irene and welcome :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Irene » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Thank you all for the welcome. I will certainly try the general discussion pages. I have only recently "found" tribal pages and Black Country Connections. While searching there I have found a connection who has been most helpful and has actually put me in touch with a living relative for one branch of the family. This has been a long search (and I mean years) because most of the family members changed their names and some left England. I love the research if only I could do it by just going down to the records office. Have a nice day everyone and I am sure I will be in touch shortly....
Irene

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 am

Hi Irene

If you have any Black Country ancestors that you need help with post in the Black country genealogy section
and we will try and help.
We also have a section called look up requests.
So if you have a look up on a marriage or baptism or burial and know the day, month year or you have the bmsgh reference
which gives the entry no in the register, then post in there and we can perhaps help.

:grin: :wink:
Northern Lass

Return to Archived General Discussion