*Please Archive* - Ancestors' Week 21st - 27th June

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: Ancestors' Week 21st - 27th June

Postby mallosa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Thats great Annie!
Yes we are looking forward to promoting this further and my thanks go to yourself, Linnell and Northern Lass for all your support :wink:

...and of course, Admin :grin:

HAPPY ANCESTORS WEEK!
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Annie wrote:HAPPY ANCESTORS WEEK TO ALL THE MEMBERS ON THE FORUM AND YOUR ANCESTORS

Mallosa , Northern Lass and Linnel can I say what lovely words you have all wrote , I do volunteer for the Huddersfield FHS doing subscribing and going round grave yards transcribing the headstone's so I will work a bit harder this week at it , I also take my close ancestors flowers to the cemetery and crematorium every 2 weeks , this week I will also visit some of the others further down the line .

I'm looking forward to arranging things for next and do hope it can take off in a big way, we will have to make posters and ask them to put them up in local library and archives.

Last but not least I hope some of my ancestors come out of hiding this week. :roll:

Annie

Well, we've started the ball rolling Annie and it looks as though you are doing your bit already!
It's a fact that some people have more time than others so, even if it's something associated within our own areas that's great.

We have planted the seed, if you like, and you know what they say......Great oaks from little acorns grow ! :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks to Jo for reminding me to bring this back :wink:

mallosa

Postby Annie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:36 pm

mallosa wrote:Thanks to Jo for reminding me to bring this back :wink:

I was also wondering if we were going to have a Ancestor's week this year. :grin:

Annie
Annie

Postby mallosa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Wonder no more Annie! I'm on to it and will post details shortly :grin:

mallosa

Postby linell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Yes thanks San and Annie, funny how these annual events seem to creep up on you, bit like Xmas :!: What shall we do then, shame it is not the week that Di will be here :?: Linell.
linell

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I think it is a great idea if it does no more than to flag to folk
to remember all those who came before
and perhaps to maybe volunteer to help a local history group or archive

I don't think it has to be all singing and dancing just a gentle focus on the past, present and future

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:33 pm

I agree NL :-)

Can we archive this now please?

mallosa

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion