Broadbents of Liverpool and America COMPLETED

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: Broadbents of Liverpool and America

Postby SteveTurner » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Thank you so much for all that gardener.

One thing I did find today was that there's a lot of Broadbents that emigrated to America and the 28 year old could be another Owen (assuming not a mistake). There was someone looking for male Broadbents trying to tie them in with Saddleworth where some of mine were born. Friarmere was built as a chapel for those who couldn't make it to the parish of Saddleworth.

Owen Broadbent baptism. Although I hadn't found that, I had found his parents Charles and Betty. I have actually found 2 baptisms for Charles Broadbent, with father called John in 1796, one in Almondbury and the other in Friarmere. The 1841 census with Charles (born Saddleworth) and Betty has 12 children including Owen who was 12. The other children that I've found baptisms for are all Friarmere as well. So yes, pretty certain that's him you found.

I had found the Ann Leader Broadbent probate but not Owen's. I have Mary Alice (not found a marriage) and Janet Gertrude (with hints to marriage to Thom Vincent Walker not yet entered into the tree)

I'm wondering if Peter Leader married twice. Ellen (Goore) Leader died in 1805 and you mention Ann Leader in the presence of the marriage of Peter's daughter.
Steve
SteveTurner

Postby gardener » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:25 pm

I'm wondering if Peter Leader married twice. Ellen (Goore) Leader died in 1805 and you mention Ann Leader in the presence of the marriage of Peter's daughter.

He may have been, or Ann might have been his daughter. IGI has James, Mary and Ann born to Peter and Ellen.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby gardener » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:52 pm

A year here or there is not much to worry about :-)

This is surely him in 1860? And he says he is 33 there.

Name: Owen Broadbent
Birth Year: abt 1827
Birth Place: England
Home in 1860: Philadelphia Ward 20 Division 1, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Post Office: Philadelphia
Family Number: 416
Value of Real Estate: View image
Household Members:
Name Age
Owen Broadbent 33
Ann L Broadbent 32
Owen L Broadbent 1
Ann Broadbent 4/12
Jenett Campell 51
Lewisa Hartman 18
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby SteveTurner » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Yes that must be him.

I hadn't seen IGI before (Google is your friend) and have found the entries for James, Mary and Ann. Time to start looking for other entries...
Steve
SteveTurner

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion