*TBC Archive* Fire damage reports?

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

*TBC Archive* Fire damage reports?

Postby Vikinghunter » Sat May 23, 2009 3:34 pm

My grandfather's (MARK HANS MOLLER) marriage certificate shows him as residing at 35 Upper Street, Islington in July 1908.

I have actually been there and seen it. Today it's a restaurant on the ground floor but the building above it (where the residential flat would have been) is totally void and gutted out. You can actually see it on Google Maps. I have asked the restaurant manager but they know not. It's rather weird with all the flats above the shops to the left and right of this address still standing but this one totally void! I have asked the local fire station if it was bomb (WW2) damage or a fire that gutted out this flat but they were unable to assist me. I have asked the local authority for any info on this and they are looking into it to locate a date so I can, hopefully, look it up in the Newspaper Library at Colindale.

This got me thinking. Would there be an organisation (with online facilities preferably) that lists buildings damaged by fire over a certain period of time? Surely, I would have thought the insurance companies would have some sort of details to "enable" them NOT to pay out!

Any ideas folks?

David
Vikinghunter

Re: Fire damage reports?

Postby mallosa » Sat May 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Wow! Just had a look :shock:
David it's so wierd that no-one knows anything. I wonder how long it's been like that?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Vikinghunter » Sat May 23, 2009 5:20 pm

I wondered that too!

Will keep you posted of my "burning" passion...... :grin:

David
Vikinghunter

Postby mallosa » Sat May 23, 2009 6:06 pm

I hope so cos i'm all 'fired up' now ! :lol:

:oops: Sorry...
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to Archived General Discussion