Zylpha Fidena Willson

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Zylpha Fidena Willson

Postby Scratch And Patch » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 am

Zylpha Fidena was married to Sylvester Dodman, my great-great-grandfather.
Zylpha and Sylvester had a daughter Lois Floral Dodman b. 5 Aug 1889, Jerseyville, Brant County, On.
Lois married George Wesley Fulkerson.

While on Ancestry Library Edition searching Stella Fulkerson under a 1921 Canada Census. I got this information.
Stella as a daughter, Ida Fulkerson age 30, as a wife, in the household of Lois Fulkerson.

Here is what is troubling me now, under Lois Fulkerson it clearly states " MOTHER BORN IN FRANCE!!!!!!!!! "
MOTHER OF LOIS IS ZYLPHA FIDENA WILLSON
Zylpha as I have it is canadian born as so is her father Ezra Hamilton Willson b. 3 Mar 1844 On. - d. 7 Jul 1927,
Jerseyville, Brant County, On. As is his father Eli Willson b. 2 Jan 1804, On. - d. 22 Dec 1898, On.

Lastly this 1921 Canada Census also states Lois Fulkerson could speak English and French fluently, so I have to
believe that Lois learned French from her mother. It also states that schooling for Lois totaled was about 80 months.
Not near enough time to learn French that good.

My question - was Zylpha Fidena Willson, " BORN IN FRANCE OR BORN IN CANADA!!!!!!!! "

Thank You Very Much For Any Help With This Post!!!!!!!!!1

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Re: Zylpha Fidena Willson

Postby gardener » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 am

Scratch And Patch wrote:While on Ancestry Library Edition searching Stella Fulkerson under a 1921 Canada Census. I got this information.
Stella as a daughter, Ida Fulkerson age 30, as a wife, in the household of Lois Fulkerson.

Here is what is troubling me now, under Lois Fulkerson it clearly states " MOTHER BORN IN FRANCE!!!!!!!!! "
MOTHER OF LOIS IS ZYLPHA FIDENA WILLSON

My question - was Zylpha Fidena Willson, " BORN IN FRANCE OR BORN IN CANADA!!!!!!!! "

Thank You Very Much For Any Help With This Post!!!!!!!!!1

Jeff

Hi Jeff
That Lois Fulkerson is male I think. Aged 41 and a labourer. So I don't think the record has anything to do with Lois Floral Dodman.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby gardener » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Lois and George were here in 1921 RG 31; Folder Number: 97; Census Place: Ancaster (Township), Wentworth, Ontario; Page Number: 7.
Next-but-one house from her parents'. All seriously mis-transcribed!

George Lehman 82
Lois Lehman 31
Ieleen Lehman 7
Mary Lehman 4
Frank Lehman 9/12
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby Scratch And Patch » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:24 pm

1911 Canada Census Lois Fulkerson becomes Lewis Fulkerson & wife Ida, lodgers in a dwelling, with a ton of other dwellers
in the same dwelling. No where in my tree have I found a Lewis Fulkerson. In fact the closes I can come to this person, in my tree,
is Harry Fulkerson son of Elijah & Mary Hendry. I doubt very much this Lewis Fulkerson is an ancestor to me.

Thank You Very Much For Taking Time With This Post.

Zylpha Fidena Willson is of course " CANADIAN BORN!!!!!!!!! "

jEFF
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion