COMPLETED - William Edward Hillman & Ida Carchrie Clarke

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: William Edward Hillman & Ida Carchrie Clarke

Postby tanyaallen » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:56 am

Ok SRD. Thank you for your suggestions too. If you stumble across any living descendants of Ida, please point them my way.
Regards, Tanya
tanyaallen

Postby tanyaallen » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:11 am

As an afterthought I'll mention some Clarke family lore for anyone interested:
* Ida was married to William Edward Hillman. My grandmother told he she thought his name had a "hill" in it, and then another time she said it had a "will" in it, and I started to think she was batty... wills & hills! Turns out his name had both & found the marriage record (sorry grandma!)
* Ida's brother's (Leigh Mortimer Clarke) daughter told her daughter (who I have been in touch with) that Ida stayed behind, when the family moved to Australia, to look after the "old girl". We presume this refers to her maternal grandmother (and grandfather - the Grahams). And it is later on when Ida turns 17 that she appears in Liverpool living with her great aunt (the Carchries) and later the maternal grandfather appears there too. I would presume that the grandmother died before Ida moved to Liverpool, and the grandfather followed sometime thereafter.
tanyaallen

Postby SRD » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 am

Thanks Tanya, I'll do that.

This can be archived.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion