1891 lookup please Letitia Powell

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: 1891 lookup please Letitia Powell

Postby AndrewA » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 am

There are over 60 people living at that address.
Only extra info to what you have is that he is recorded as being married and is listed as deaf and dumb

Liverpool Islington District 13 Folio 93 pages 95 to 97
Hit a Brickwall? Have you lost all trace of someone? Do not despair, simply make a note they were abducted by aliens! Don't believe in aliens? No problem, just write them off as having disapeared in a time portal
AndrewA

Postby yerffej » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks AndrewA How on earth can over 60 people live at the same address??
yerffej

Postby AndrewA » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:45 pm

NOt sure where I got the reference from, but its wrong. Should be Parish of Everton, subdistrict South Everton, district 17, pages 3-5 folio 92

Maybe something to research, there are a number of pubs and hotels and a hall, maybe they were all sheltering in the hall? I dont have time to look into this, but that will be something to research.

Additional :
I had a quick look at a trade directory and found an entry for "Model Lodging House" at 75 Roscommon street. So he was staying in a very large lodging house. Note most of the other occupants are listed as lodgers, with a few servants.

www.historicaldirectories.org/
Hit a Brickwall? Have you lost all trace of someone? Do not despair, simply make a note they were abducted by aliens! Don't believe in aliens? No problem, just write them off as having disapeared in a time portal
AndrewA

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion