Re Mary Degan

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re Mary Degan

Postby Scratch And Patch » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:38 pm

This post is about 2 different line-of-lineages for Mary Degan that I have found. In the end they lead to the same ending, but... as we go further back in time they lead in different directions & places. I am hoping that at least 1 of these line-of-lineages is correct & can be confirmed, leading to the true story about Mary Degan, my ancestor.

Mary's parents were Joseph Degan ( Deganne ) b. 1800 ( est. ) Quebec, Canada - d. ? Joseph's wife was Adelaide Tiho ( Tetro- Tetreau ), & they were married in 1826 Quebec. All though these are Mary's parents I can not find her as a daughter. I have their marriage license that states Jean Baptiste Deganne b. 1784 is Joseph's father. Joseph as it turns out was a Fur Trader &/ or
Courier for the Hudson Bay Company in Rupert's Land, which is the area I described as being in the remote part of Northern Ontario & as the drainage basin for James Bay.

Joseph's parents were Jean Baptiste Deganne b. 26 Jan 1784 Sault-au-Re'collet, Quebec - d. 1837 Quebec. His wife & mother of Joseph was Louise Huneau b. Quebec ? - d. Quebec ?
Jean Baptiste parents were Jean Baptiste Deganne b. 25 Dec 1753 Quebec - d. Quebec ? His wife was Louise Luineau b. 1753 Quebec - d. ? They were married 29 Apr 1783 Quebec.
Jean Baptiste parents were Joseph Deganne b. 1732 ( ? ) Quebec - d. ? Quebec His wife was Marie Catherine Fontaine b. 1732 Quebec. Joseph's parents were Francois Deganne b. 1697
possibly Normandie, France - d. 27 Jan 1757 Chambly, Quebec. Married to Marie Josephe Bourths b. 21 Aug 1699 Boucherville, Quebec - d. 1 Jul 1742 Longueuil, Quebec. they married
26 Nov 1725 Boucherville, Quebec. I have possible Parents for Francois, they were Germain Gane & Marie Valet d. 1697, possibly from Normandie, France. I have possible parents for Germain, they were Jean Gueneau & Reine Lamy, possibly from Normandie, France.

Now here is where I get confused... Jean Baptiste Deganne b. 1753 Quebec parents were Joseph Louise Deganne b, 29 Mar 1704 Annapolis, Port Royal, Nova Scotia, Canada ( also found b. in
New Brunswick, Canada ) - d. 3 Jul 1788 Montreal. His wife was Marie Catherine Menard. Joseph's parents were Louise Franci Degannes b. 6 Aug 1664 - 66 Parish Oswego, New York - d. 27 Feb
1713 Rochefort, Rouen, Normandie, France. His wife was Marguerite LeNeuf deLaValliere b. 30 Jan 1680 Beaubassin, New Brunswick, Canada - d. 25 Apr 1760 Troix Riviers, Quebec. Louise parents were Louis Degannes b. 1620 Rennes, Ill-et-Vilaine, Bretagne, France - d. 25 Nov 1684 Poizay, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France. His wife was Marie Francois Lebloy b. 1629 Lot-ett-Garonne, Aquitaine, France - d. 11 Feb 1689 Poizay, Le Joli, France.

Any help with this post, that would make any confirmed decision, about Mary Degan's line-of-lineage, would be a major break through in my genealogy work!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Truly
Jeff :thumbup: :lol:
Scratch And Patch

Re: Re Mary Degan

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:25 am

Is this post now able to be archived as it seems you have a new post re Mary on

flagging to archive
Northern Lass

Re: Re Mary Degan/Completed

Postby Scratch And Patch » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:21 pm

This post may be archived &/ or deleted completely. This is not my Mary. Sorry for another wild goose chase!!!!!!!!!! I was going by confirmed information , that is completely wrong.

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion