David WILLIAMS - Blackburn Northern - COMPLETED

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Re: David WILLIAMS - Blackburn Northern

Postby peterd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Jill_O_E wrote:Same place that I'm looking then - but the age in the BMD says 26 - he would have been 36... type :?:

On a brighter note - I've found the passenger list for my grandparents who emigated to Canada... you would think it would be harder to find people who moved around alot... instead of sitting in one place. I think I should have the subject of this discussion switched to John WILLIAMS vice David. I think PeterD was right about the 1952 reference to the death of a David COOPER - I think that might actually be my David - but now I'm trying to figure out John - if I thought they had made a typo I would order the death certificate just to see.

I have a question about death certificates - do they have next of kin on them, or more useful information for searching?

post the info you found on emigration they might of returned for a visit usually it says what address they are going to ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby peterd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:24 pm

22/7/1922 regina

visited sister mrs frank Satterthwaite

102 revidge ? rd Blackburn

Olive Cooper
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Birth Place: Blackburn, England
Date of Arrival: 29 Jul 1922
Port of Arrival: Quebec
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Ship Name: Regina
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby Jill_O_E » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Yes, they (Olive and her husband Arthur and on one occasion with my father and uncle in tow) visited Frank SATTERTHWAITE and her sister Maud WILLIAMS.

I have the ship's passenger lists for each time they came back and forth - but neither David nor John's names are listed as where they were visiting.

I've also got email addys to see if I can get someone in Blackburn to give me a hand with this.
Jill_O_E

Postby peterd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:42 pm

you got this ?

Name David Williams
Christening Date 1890 ST. MARY, BLACKBURN, LANCASHIRE, ENGLAND
Birth Date 1889

Father's Name John Williams
Mother's Name Anne

Indexing Project (Batch) NumberC00708-4
System OriginEngland-VR
GS Film number1278806
Reference ID - 2:3ZKTLR5

peterd

Postby peterd » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 pm

ST. MARY, BLACKBURN, could be what is called blackburn cathedral now its about a mile away from Whitehead St, Blackburn, Lancs

peterd

Postby Jill_O_E » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 pm

I've got that source as well as several other that are from St Mary or Blackburn Cathedral. I'm going to contact these folks in Blackburn and see if someone can help me out.

Thanks for your help peterd
Jill_O_E

Previous

Return to Archived General Discussion