Francis David McKay

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Francis David McKay

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 am

Francis was born in Scotland 1755. I know about his second wife Christina Murray Metler b. 1788 Welland On. - d. 17 Aug 1868. But what I am asking about is Francis's 1st wife who's maiden name was Foss/Fuss/Friss & her fathers 1st name was Philip. If any children could be listed as her's & Francis would be a great help as well.

Thank You Very much For Any Help With This!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Truly
Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Re: Francis David McKay

Postby linell » Fri May 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Which Country do you think any children may have been born in Jeff? Have you checked Family Search?

Linell.
linell

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri May 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Eh Linell: I hope all is well, everything is good for me now, that spring has finally sprung here. Linell on Familly Search I have found this, father Finlay McKay, mother Juncan ? Child McKay
b. 09 Feb 1755, this is the birth year for Francis. Familly Search is talking about Kilmadock, Perth, Scotland, but on a map of Scotland that I brought up the birth place for Francis shows Bridge of Gaur near Loch Rannoch, are we talking the same area?

Linell The children for Francis are: 1. Catherine, 2. Elizabeth, 3. Francis ( M ), 4. Margaret, 5. Mary, 6. Peter, 7. Daniel 1798 - 1859 * direct - line - of - lineage in question + end of children from 1st wife of Francis but Daniel may also be from second wife Christina Murray Metler. Francis & Christina had 5 children known born here in On. Up until Daniel, I have no dates at all for any of these children we believe were born in Scotland from 1st wife. If Finlay McKay & Juncan are the parents for Francis, would it be possible to find dates, for everybody mentioned?

Thank You Very Muuch For Your Time Linell!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Truly
Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Postby linell » Fri May 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi Jeff, sorry I know nothing about Scottish Research, apart from the obvious such as Parish Registers and Family Search, all my research has been focused on the Black Country with the exception of a line in Somerset and another one in Yorkshire. But I am sure that someone on here will know more than I do regarding Scottish Ancestry and will be along very soon. In the meantime ask on this site here which is specifically for Scotland:-

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.ph ... ,84.0.html

Good luck from Linell.
linell

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks Linell I followed the link & added an enquirey on this subject will let you know how I make out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Francis David McKay/Completed

Postby Scratch And Patch » Sat May 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Francis 1755 wrong birthdate, righr birthdate is 11 Oct 1757!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion