Complete-Ordering Marriage Records

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Complete-Ordering Marriage Records

Postby maryann » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question. Has anyone ever order records from the Dudley Archives & Local History Centre in West Midlands? I contacted them last week about some marriage records, and the very kindly replied with information on the dates available for copies from the Microfilms and their fees, which was pretty reasonable.

Since I live in the US and can't do look ups for members on this board, and Maggie, Northern Lass and the amazing Rockyfowler have done so many look ups for me, I wanted to order the 27 pending look ups for Amblecote & Wordsley (some of which our mine).

My problem is the Centre has requested payment by credit or debit card, and being in my late 60's I'm a little concerned about giving out that information over the phone.. (I have always ordered thru World Pay or Paypal). My 20 yr old NO-FEAR granddaughter who lives with me, says I'm still in the "dark ages" when it comes to technology, & that everyone orders on line. I'm not so concerned with the Centre but if this card info will be secured. Advice please.
Last edited by maryann on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maryann

Re: Ordering Marriage Records

Postby rockyfowler » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi maryann please save your money these will be looked up soon either Maggie or me or NH etc we do go regularly :thumbup: :grin: Best RF
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Ordering Marriage Records

Postby maryann » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks, RF, I guess I'll not order them & I won't have to worry about my cards.
maryann

Re: Complete-Ordering Marriage Records

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 am

Yes as RF says save your money Mary Ann. We will try and help if we can.

When are the Dudly archives closing RF or Antie em for their move?
Northern Lass

Postby Antie Em » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 am

The new centre should be complete in the summer and opening later this year. I can't see anything on the website about the present building closing. I shall be too busy for at least the next two months, so probably won't be going before their closure.
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 am

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Return to Archived General Discussion