Ann Dodman 1814

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Ann Dodman 1814

Postby Scratch And Patch » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:12 pm

While at the library today searching ( who else but Ann Dodman ), I believe this is my Ann b. 1814 Tichwell Norfolk - d. 1891 Toxteth Park. In an 1871 census , she is listed as a mother - in - law in the household of Nathaniel Parker 31 yrs. old, wife Emily 32 yrs. old, daughter Elizabeth 9 yrs. old, son John 2 yrs. old, & a brother - in - law George is listed as well. It looks to me they were living on Spellana Rd. ( not clear ? ) # 133 or 135. There is an occupation for her but I haven't got a clue what she did, the spelling looks like annuilant?

Any more help with this posting, & I will be able to put this to an end!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY DO THINK THIS IS MY ANN DODMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE FOUND HER BEFORE WAY BACK WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!

The birthdate is earlier than I expected, John b. 1782 married Mary Pilgrim b. 1783, Nov. 30th 1815, Snettisham, Parish Fring. So this means Ann was born out of wedlock!!!!!!!!!

Yours Truly
Scratch And Patch - Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Re: Ann Dodman 1814

Postby Antie Em » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:41 am

Hi Jeff - the name of the road is Spotland Road and Ann's occupation is Annuitant, which is another word for a pensioner.

If you can't read the name of a road on a census, if you go towards the top of the page where it tells you the county and town, there will be a district number, in this case, District 12. Click on this and you will get a drop down box, go to Enumeration District and click on the one you are looking for and you will get a description of the district, hopefully giving a clearer road name.

Maggie
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby linell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 am

Ann Dodman
event type: Census
event date: 1871
relationship to head of household: Mother-in-law
birthplace: Titchwell, Norfolk
schedule type: Household
registration district: Rochdale
sub-district: Spotland Nearer Side
parish: Spotland
county: Lancashire
Household Gender Age Birthplace
self Nathaniel Parker M 31 Burnley, Lancashire
wife Emily Parker F 32 Norfolk
daughter Elizabeth E J Parker F 9 Manchester, Lancashire
son John Rt Parker M 2 Rochdale, Lancashire
mother-in-law Ann Dodman F 57 Titchwell, Norfolk
brother-in-law George S Dodman M 20 Fakenham
linell

Postby linell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 am

Jeff wrote <<The birthdate is earlier than I expected, John b. 1782 married Mary Pilgrim b. 1783, Nov. 30th 1815, Snettisham, Parish Fring. So this means Ann was born out of wedlock!!!!!!!!! >>

I would discount that statement for now Jeff, in reality she could be anyone's daughter, you need to find her on every Census see if she is living with or near her Parents, and maybe order the Marriage Certificate for Nathaniel Parker and Emily, see what that says.

LInell.
linell

Postby gardener » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 am

Nathaniel Parker 31
Emily Parker 32
Elizabeth E J Parker 9
John Rt Parker 2
Ann Dodman 57
George S Dodman 20

George Dodman 48
Ann Dodman 47
Emily Dodman 22
Alfred Dodman 19
George S Dodman 10

George Dodmun 38
Ann Dodmun 37
Emily Dodmun 12
Alfred Dodmun 9
Geo Southerland Dodmun 10 Mo

George Dodman 25
Ann Dodman 25
Emily Dodman 2

From Freereg.org.uk

County Norfolk
Place Fakenham
Church St Peter & St Paul
RegisterNumber 615
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 13 Jul 1850
Forename George Southerland
Sex M
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname DODMAN
MotherSurname
Abode Fakenham
FatherOccupation Wheel Wright
Notes Privately Baptised Being Ill
FileNumber 1008

County Norfolk
Place Horningtoft
Church St Edmund
RegisterNumber 251
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 23 Sep 1838
Forename Emily
Sex -
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname DODMAN
MotherSurname DODMAN
Abode
FatherOccupation Innkeeper
Notes
FileNumber 21848

County Norfolk
Place Great Ryburgh
Church St Andrew
RegisterNumber
MarriageDate 11 Apr 1837
GroomForename George
GroomSurname DODMAN
GroomCondition Single
GroomAbode Horningtoft
BrideForename Ann
BrideSurname SOUTHERLAND
BrideCondition Single
WitnessOneForename John
WitnessOneSurname DODMAN
WitnessTwoForename Clarissa Fanny
WitnessTwoSurname HASTINGS
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby linell » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Who is your Dodman Ancestor Jeff, would be much easier to work back from them. Do you have a paper trail from your Grandparents, ie. Birth and or Marriage Certificates, think this is the route you need to go down.

Linell.
linell

Re: Ann Dodman 1814/COMPLETED

Postby Scratch And Patch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Thank You Maggi!!!!!! Thank You Linell!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Jo!!!!!!!

My Familly Tree started with my grandpa & grandma, I started out doing it the right way. But once I got to Norfolk, I think It grew too fast. My cousin who has been doing this for over 30 yrs. and started me out in Norfolk, to search for the familly of Nicholas Dodman & Mary Pilgrim. My cousin had no dates, children with no dates, not even the order they were born. All she knew was Nicholas & Mary married on Nov 30th 1815, Parish Fring. Except for the 2 sons William, John &, 1 daughter Elizabeth, that are here in Ontario, After 30 yrs. she knew nothing. This is how genealogy, became my hobby.

Now I have finally found Ann!!!!!! As you can see how frustrated I must have been with the other postings about her, I had us all running around " LIKE CHICKENS WITH OUR HEADS CUT OFF!!!! " What I have found out is that Norfolk has been just full of Dodman's, starting as back as far as 1564, Bacton, that are my ancestors.

What I have found out about Ann Dodman 1814 Tichwell, Norfolk. Ann was married to George Dodman b. 1813, Norfolk. Georges parents were William Dodman b. 1800 - d. 1851 married to Sarah Ann Thaxter b. 1798 - d. 1855. William's parents were Martin Dodman b. 1766 - d. 1851 married to Ann Blogg b. 1796 - d. 1854, all of Norfolk. In my mistakes on the other postings I believe, I have these people.

I found George's & Ann's children Emily b. 1839 - 40, Alfred b. 1841 & George S. b. 1851

Emily married Nathaniel Parker b. 1839 - d. 1907 Nathaniels parents were, Peter Parker b. 1813 & his wife was an Elizabeth ? b. 1810.

" THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN I COME THROUGH FOR MY COUSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion