Ann Dodman Snettisham Norfolk Couunty England

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Ann Dodman Snettisham Norfolk Couunty England

Postby Scratch And Patch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:49 pm

During my search for Ann I found this person. Ann Dodman born ABT 1821 in Snettisham, Norfolk Couunty, England. In 1851 & 1861 her residence was Snettisham. Ann was married to James
Shorten born ABT 1822, Snettisham, Norfolk, Eng. Their children were Elizabeth b. 25 Jul 1845, Snettisham, Isabella b. ABT 1853 Snettisham, William b. ABT 1855 Snettisham.

My questions are: Is this Ann Dodman the daughter of Nicholas Dodman & Mary Pilgrim, of Snettisham? Also is there a marriage date for Ann & James?

Snettisham is the right place, but the date of birth 1821, is a little late, I believe her date of birth is ABT 1819. For the next brother in line to Ann, William b. 1821, immigrated to Ontario Canada &, R.I.P. in Sherman Cemetery, Thamesville, Ontario, Canada.

Thank You very much for any reply on this posting!!!!!!!

Yours Truly
Scratch And Patch - Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Re: Ann Dodman Snettisham Norfolk Couunty England

Postby MarkCDodd » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:17 am

Civil Registration event: Marriage
Print Close

MarriageFinder: Ann Dodman married James Shorten
Name: DODMAN, Ann
Registration district: Docking
County: Norfolk
Year of registration: 1838
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Spouse's last name: Not available before 1912
Volume no: 13
Page no: 179

Name: SHORTEN, James
Registration district: Docking
County: Norfolk
Year of registration: 1838
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Spouse's last name: Not available before 1912
Volume no: 13
Page no: 179
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Eh Mark: Thank You very much for this information " Great To Know!!!!! "

Mark is there anything that says Ann is the daughter of Nicholas Dodman
& Mary Pilgrim?

Once again Mark " THANK YOU " for this reply!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Re: Ann Dodman Snettisham Norfolk County England/Completed

Postby Scratch And Patch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Ann Dodman born ABT 1821, I have found out is the daughter of Thomas Dodman & Mary Laws of Snettisham. This Mark would be a 1st cousin to my Mary Ann Dodman born ABT 1819,
Snettisham, daughter of Nicholas & Mary Pilgrim.

Again Mark " Thank You for the reply!!!!!!!!!! "

Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Postby linell » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Ann Dodman born ABT 1821, I have found out is the daughter of Thomas Dodman & Mary Laws of Snettisham

How did you find that out Jeff :?:

Linell.
linell

Postby Scratch And Patch » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Eh Linell: I found out Ann Dodman b. ABT 1821 was the daughter of Thomas Dodman. Over the internet using another forum. FHUK.
I always use different methods, for confirmation, Linell. If I cannot confirm anything myself, I come to your forum + others.
I do not like leaving everything up to forums such as this to do my genealogy, there's no sence in doing genealogy, if you leave all
the work up to, other people.

I have traced my roots back to Phillippi Dodeman b. ABT 1538 ( ? ), wife Joane ( ? ) Children: 1: Cycila Dodeman b. 9 Feb 1564,Parish Bacton, 2: * Johannes ( John ) Dodman b. 10 Nov 1568
Parish Bacton - d. 4 Dec 1638, 3: Willimus Dodman b. 1 Mar 1572, Parish Bacton, 4: Susanna Dodman b. 31 May 1576, Parish Bacton. This family lived their lives in Wiggenhall - St. - Mary's - The - Virgin. * John Dodman my direct line of lineage married Annie Stankes, 24 Oct 1607, Annie's death was 23 Sep 1631. I have copies of their marriage licsence taken from famillysearch.org.
John & Annie's children were: 1: Elizabeth b. 30 May 1609, 2: Marye b. 7 Aug 1612, 3: William b. 30 May 1614, * Robert my direct line of lineage b. 5 Nov 1617. Elizabeth married Edmund
Groome 1630. I have mariage licsences for them taken from famillysearch.org. Elizabeth was born in Wiggenhall while, Marye, William & Robert were born in Little Plumstead.

Genealogy is a hobbie for me, Linell & since this familly of Phillippi & Joane is as far back as I can go, because of " Old English Latin ", instead of going back further, I am coming forward!!!
Filling in wholes or missed information.

Yours Truly
Scratch And Patch - Jeff
Scratch And Patch

Return to Archived General Discussion