COMPLETE - Benjamin Baker (b. 1784), Liverpool

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

COMPLETE - Benjamin Baker (b. 1784), Liverpool

Postby descartes46 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a death record for Benjamin Baker (b. 1784, Lichfield). Please could somebody have a look for me?

I think I've found him on the 1851 census:

Residence 1851 — Age: 67 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Residence: 25 Benson Street, Liverpool. Employment: Marble Mason employing 3 men. Lived with servant Julia Taylor (18). Where born: Lichfield, Staffs.

But nothing after that, and I cannot find a suitable death record in the Liverpool area.

Thanks,
Descartes.
Last edited by descartes46 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
descartes46

Location: University of Wales, Newport. Caerleon Campus, Wales.

Re: Benjamin Baker (b. 1784), Liverpool

Postby LisaH » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi

In the Liverpool Daily Post on Tuesday 22nd January 1861 it says the following under the heading deaths:
"On the 13th Jan, at Huyton Quarry, aged 77 years, Mr Benjamin Baker."
This would fit in with the date of birth you've given.

The corresponding death record is on Free BMD:
Benjamin Baker Prescot Mar 1861
Prescot is near Huyton and both are quite near Liverpool.

Up until this point I wasn't sure if I had the right Benjamin Baker.

I then found another article this time in the Manchester Courier and Lancashire Advertiser on Saturday 20th December 1856.
In quite a lengthy paragraph it described Benjamin Baker as a marble mason and coal dealer who had lived in many places including Rainhill, Benson Street, Brownlow Street, Pleasant Street and Huyton.

As Benson Street was where your Benjamin was living in 1851 I think this must be the right death record.

Hope this helps.
LisaH
LisaH

Re: Benjamin Baker (b. 1784), Liverpool

Postby descartes46 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:53 am

LisaH wrote:Hi

In the Liverpool Daily Post on Tuesday 22nd January 1861 it says the following under the heading deaths:
"On the 13th Jan, at Huyton Quarry, aged 77 years, Mr Benjamin Baker."
This would fit in with the date of birth you've given.

The corresponding death record is on Free BMD:
Benjamin Baker Prescot Mar 1861
Prescot is near Huyton and both are quite near Liverpool.

Up until this point I wasn't sure if I had the right Benjamin Baker.

I then found another article this time in the Manchester Courier and Lancashire Advertiser on Saturday 20th December 1856.
In quite a lengthy paragraph it described Benjamin Baker as a marble mason and coal dealer who had lived in many places including Rainhill, Benson Street, Brownlow Street, Pleasant Street and Huyton.

As Benson Street was where your Benjamin was living in 1851 I think this must be the right death record.

Hope this helps.
LisaH

Hi LisaH that's very kind of you to share with me these findings. I have been searching for a death date for sooooo long! Now I can order a death certificate and finally update my family tree. Thanks again, you are an absolute star!
Regards,
Darren.
descartes46

Location: University of Wales, Newport. Caerleon Campus, Wales.

Return to Archived General Discussion