Occupations - Pavior (paver) - COMPLETED

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

Occupations - Pavior (paver) - COMPLETED

Postby descartes46 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anybody could recommend some good sources/books for researching occupations?

A couple of my ancestors were recorded as paviors (pavers) and I'd like to research the trade/job. The kind of things I'm looking for are salary, uniform, length of day/working week...

wanted to write a little creative piece of family history for university - for my portfolio.

I expect they probably wore smocks, and the job was hard work and horrendous, but fancied delving a little deeper into the occupation.

Thanks,
Darren
Last edited by descartes46 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
descartes46

Location: University of Wales, Newport. Caerleon Campus, Wales.

Re: Occupations - Pavior (paver)

Postby gardener » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm

This http://www.paviors.org.uk/ is London-based but has some general info too and I bet they would know of any books so I would drop them an email explaining why you are interested.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Re: Occupations - Pavior (paver)

Postby descartes46 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:46 pm

gardener wrote:This http://www.paviors.org.uk/ is London-based but has some general info too and I bet they would know of any books so I would drop them an email explaining why you are interested.

Ah wow! fantastic find. I'll certainly be sending them an email. Thanks gardener!

Darren
descartes46

Location: University of Wales, Newport. Caerleon Campus, Wales.

Return to Archived General Discussion