HALL, Great Barr

Completed discussions and topics. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread reactivated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass

HALL, Great Barr

Postby pjrich » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:37 pm

My 3xGt grandmother was Ann HALL (c.1829-1903) of Great Barr: http://www.gencircles.com/users/pjrich/2/data/47 - Ann was descended from a family of blacksmiths in Great Barr.

One question is on her uncle, Samuel. There is a Samuel Hall b.c.1797 of Perry Barr who married a Mary of Bentley Hay b.c.1792 and who had several children baptised at Great Barr and I am trying to assess the likelyhood as to whether he belongs to my Hall family.

My Samuel, son of Thomas & Sarah was baptised at Great Barr on 2nd October 1796. The other Samuel, son of Thomas & Mary was baptised at Great Barr on 4th June 1797. I do not know what happened to Thomas & Mary in 1797 - whether they stayed in the area or moved away. If they stayed they seem to have been buried somewhere other than Great Barr. I do not know either whether the Samuel who lived in Perry Barr was of my family or not.

Regards
Peter
pjrich

Return to Archived General Discussion