Hospital records

Archived and completed military topics.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Hospital records

Postby coalminersdaughter » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi,
does anyone,or has anyone viewed hospital records,relating to army casualities/injuries ?.One of my relatives appears on the census as being a inpatient at a hospital in Birmingham,(1871),I`m sure I understood the info ,online,saying these records could be viewed?but that is all I can remember,and can`t find any stuff to back this up?anyone out there heard this? :?:
coalminersdaughter

Re: Hospital records

Postby gardener » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi

I don't think patient's records are available to be viewed, but I could be wrong.

Do you which hospital it was? http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/ would probably be the place to look.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby apowell » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 am

Hi,
coalminersdaughter wrote:Hi,
does anyone,or has anyone viewed hospital records,relating to army casualities/injuries ?.One of my relatives appears on the census as being a inpatient at a hospital in Birmingham,(1871),I`m sure I understood the info ,online,saying these records could be viewed? but that is all I can remember,and can`t find any stuff to back this up?anyone out there heard this? :?:

Do you have the details of the person mentioned because we could check the military records for any information.

What makes you think he may have been injured during service ?

If you post more details on your chap we maybe able to help further :P

Regards
Adrian
apowell

Postby coalminersdaughter » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 pm

hi,thanks for replies,will check through my stuff,(its been put away for a while)for any bits of info. Have to apologise ,got date wrong,it was 1851 census,not 1871,so will double check before posting any more!! I had found family on 1851 census,but the head of household was down as the mother,on doing a wider search,I found the father listed as being in the General Hospital Birmingham,not sure where I read that the records for this hospital could be viewed???????. :?
coalminersdaughter

Return to Archived Topics