Medal Index Cards Available from Ancestry

Archived and completed military topics.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Medal Index Cards Available from Ancestry

Postby Iamme! » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:21 am

Medal Index Cards are now available on-line, in colour, at Ancestry.com. They are incomplete at the moment. I believe there is no further charge to download if you are a paid up member of Ancestry.

Unfortunately I'm not and I believe my relative is on. so if any kind person............

Regards

Howard
Iamme!

Re: Medal Index Cards Available from Ancestry

Postby Alec » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:24 am

:o Hi

have you looked on http://www.ancestry.co.uk/ Howard? That's free and they are running a 14 day free trial at the moment
Alec

Forums need to be visited regularly and should be living things full of lively members not absent strangers!
Alec

Postby Iamme! » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi Alec

I had looked and found my grandfather listed before my post. Our Library Service has a subscription to ancestry so I went along today and printed a copy. I don't think they allow discs etc to make a down-load but at least I have it and in colour. There's probably a way of downloading and emailing home but didn't have time to fathom it today.

Re Ancestry free trial, I used it in the early days so probably not allowed again, also they took £70 from my account. You are supposed to cancel subscription before trial ends, it was very unclear. I contacted them and thy refunded, no problem.

Howard
Iamme!

Postby Alec » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:06 am

:D Hi Howard

I forgot all about Libraries :?

You have to cancel in time as you say but I'm sure you can sign more than once -just not on the same offer that's running and you've used -have to wait for fresh offer give it a go but remember to cancel in time
Alec

Forums need to be visited regularly and should be living things full of lively members not absent strangers!
Alec

Return to Archived Topics